Yurts
About Kelleys Island State Park
Kelleys Island State Park is located in Ohio
17 Reviews of Kelleys Island State Park
Relaxing!

Ditto Rebecca’s and Sarah’s reviews below. Tent camped for 5 nights. Brought the dog and bicycles-easy island to bicycle on/around. Camp office now had WiFi in/near the office building. Loved being able to hear the waves on the beach even though our spot wasn’t on the beach. Lots of families and retirees. No issues with rowdy folks-quit time was quiet. Had a problem with our car and lots of folks offered assistance.

Nice Clean place

NO WIFI!! My phone thought we were in Canada which was only a problem because we couldn't connect with our friends in town to make plans.

Bathrooms are ok, mostly clean nothing special. Not a lot of arm room.

Showers were kind of impressing as far as size and constant hot water. pressure was good also. but not cleaned often as stuff was on the floors for days.

Vacation island campground

To reach Kelley's Island, you have to take the only ferry. Our round trip roundtrip fare for 3 adults and a vehicle was a around $100. It's around 25 mins across to the island. The island has about 500 full time residents. The road that runs up the center of the island, Division Street, starts a little west of the ferry stop and ends at the State Park. There are some small shops, restaurants, miniature golf, ice cream and fudge shops. There are golf cart rentals and lots of bikers and walkers on the island. You could walk the

The state park was beautiful. Filled with boaters, families and RVers. The bathrooms were clean, the park sold firewood and ice. There was an ice cream shop across from the entrance. Our tent spot was level. Quiet hours started at 11 pm. Unfortunately, people ignored it. I kept hoping the camp host would walk around and say something. Someone's car alarm went off at 5 am and the dogs got up and our day started. I would recommend watching the sunrise from the park benches at the water's edge. It was beautiful.

There were places to put your kayaks in as well as a boat launch by the park. People were fishing off the jetting that protects the swimming area.

It will get chilly at night, the sites on the edge of the water were windier. And bring your bug spray. Beautiful island, fun brewery on the island, sites are crowded. I would easily head back.

Secluded, relaxing, more of a slow pace.

Camp was well kept, clean, and helpful staff. Our campsite was easy to find and backed in with no problems. Our site was pretty open because it was one on the end in the back of the campgrounds. It was really nice to have a path through the woods and out to the beach, so we weren't far from Lake Erie at all. The campground has a little bay which works out great for having a small boat, jet-ski, and also a small swimming area. We did have one problem when we were camping, the power went out on the entire island for almost three hours. Luckily they are replacing the underwater cables this year (2018). The campground is at the far end of the island so you will have to travel a bit to get around to the different sites and restaurants. Cell service is best downtown, I noticed my phone telling me I was in Canada while at the campgrounds but I was never charged an international fee. I only had it turned on downtown to make a couple phone calls. They have dumping stations that are easy to use and also running water at the station. The island is beautiful and we hope that you can enjoy it! P.S. Check local deals on Groupon or Lake Erie Shores and Islands websites to save a bit on your trip.

A Fun Family Getaway

A busy family oriented campground with lots to do. Beaches, trails, biking, kayaking, and exploring the glacial grooves kept our family busy over our three night tent stay. While the campground does allow pets, they are restricted to specific sites and can use only one of the swimming beaches. Bathrooms were clean considering heavy traffic and showers were warm. The island itself provides loads of entertainment at a minimal price making the 20 minute ferry trip (about $100 round trip for our family and car) worth it. Kelly's Island State Park is a great place to stay if you are looking for an active getaway!

Kelley's island state park

The ferry ride it takes to access this state park island is well worth the time and fees! Fun beach side restaurants, dirt roads and pretty beaches. The state park has camping that can accommodate launching your boat if needed. They have showers, although they aren't always very clean. The campground has a beach and playground. You can also purchase wood. Yurts are available for rent. accommodates RV, tent and group camping, although tent spots can be cramped. But nothing beats a lake view spot! I recommend bringing or renting bikes to tour the island!

Location! Location! Location!

The island alone gives this place it's glory and stars! How awesome that we can be in the middle of a thriving metropolis that is Cleveland in the morning, and off some topical Isle without a care in the world by happy hour. Camping here is a great alternative to the overpriced, outdated and dingy hotel options around this tiny town.
That being said, the clientele here is not the best - think middle-aged, Jimmy Buffet groupies on spring break - but again, the location wins out! I will be back again and again!