Dortches , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Dortches Camping Reviews
Perfect overnight spot

Simple and cheap.quiet.small and civy. Clean

Nice, roomy, heavily wooded sites

Excellent

Great clean sites, marina, access to lake. Everything you need.

Great little spot outside the city!

Good People !

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Falls Lake State Recreation Area, Rolling View Campground

Man-made reservoir - Falls Lake is located in the upper portion of the Neuse River Basin. Nice shaded trails. Very nice park.

Hike In campground for MST hikers

I spent a night in Shinleaf walk in campground in April as part of a backpacking trip along the Falls Lake MST trail, sections 8-12. The fact that it doesn't have vehicle access to the sites makes it somewhat not popular with the usual camping crowd. It's a pretty big campground, but when I was there it was mostly empty. My site had the lake view and I spent the evening watching the sunset on the lake, it was amazing.

The bathroom was clean. I didn't use the shower, but I think it was available.

It's a great spot if you backpack MST or otherwise don't mind taking your stuff from the car to the site on foot.

I booked site 39 and it was great, I also remember that the two adjacent sites 37 and 38 were connected and could serve as a great spot for a small group.

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

We will definitely be back

Nice, large, well shaded sites. Clean bathroom, currently being cleaned 4x a day. Playground and Beach closed due to covid, but look nice. Check-in ranger was very friendly and helpful finding our site. We stayed in loop A, but walked all 3 loops, only a few sites we noted we wouldn't particularly want (lack of shade or less privacy), but all are nice big graveled sites with picnic and fire pit areas. Our 2yr old and dog loved their first times camping. We will definitely be back!