The best RV SITES camping near
Cinnamon Ridge , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Cinnamon Ridge Camping Reviews
Beautiful park, nice campground, sites a little tight

We spent three nights at Hagan Stone

The pros - the park itself is BEAUTIFUL.  In fact, it is one of the nicest city parks we have ever visited.   Staff were friendly. And the grounds and facilities were well maintained.

The cons - we stayed in loop C which is basically an open field.  That was fine but the sites are very close together.  Also, there is one water connection for each two sites so would advise bringing a splitter.

Loop C also did not have fire pits and ground fires were not allowed so if staying in this section, you should bring a raised fire pit.

Loop B did appear to have fire pits had very few sites that would hold a rig of our size (39’ Travel Trailer) and would be very difficult to navigate.

Can’t Go Wrong!!

This was my first trip in my newly converted van, and it was more than I had hoped. Amazing views, clean bathrooms, hot showers, quiet neighbors, and a welcoming owner!! I have no complaints! If you’re in the area, definitely check it out. I would say it’s the best view of the mountain there is. Can’t say enough how great it was. Will definitely return!

Friendliest and Nicest

My husband and I did a South East Tour this winter and stayed at 12 RV Parks. The folks at River Walk RV were the most accommodating pleasant people we ran in to. The  "Welcome Bag" was a nice touch and very appreciated. No other park offered such a nice token.

The campground itself was not finished, however the potential and direction they are going in is spot on. There is a nice walking path along the river. It sits down at the base of some rugged hills and gives it a private feel. Deer came right up to our camper and my husband saw them while walking our dog.

The rate was average, but we were there in the off season.  The only reason I scored it a "4" is because it wasn't completed. However, my husband and I will definitely be back! Great Place! Nice host and hostess!

Loved it here!

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent four nights. Loved this campground. Small, quiet, great mountain biking trails that you can ride to from the campground. No direct water hook-up, which was a bit surprising for the cost. But you can get water there. Great dog walking areas.

Cozy Campsite for Tent Campers and Small Trailers

We spent one night at Hanging Rock State Park on our way home to West Virginia from South Carolina. Unfortunately, lack of time and rain kept us from taking advantage of the myriad of trails to explore in the park. After our arrival on Saturday afternoon, we had enough time to hike to the top of the overlook and enjoy the scenic views before returning to our campsite for dinner. Sadly, Mother Nature thought we needed some rain, which continued all evening into the next day.

While the sites in the campground can accommodate small RV's or trailers, they aren't easy to get into. Many of the parking areas in the sites aren't diagonal to the roadway, which makes backing in difficult. It is evident this campsite was designed primarily for tent camping.

The views from the overlook are spectacular but the hike was a bit more strenuous than anticipated. The sign at the visitor center parking lot says it is 1.3 miles but it seems much further. The path is wide and well maintained up to the base of the overlook. Beyond that much of the ground has been washed out around the rock steps, which can be a bit difficult to navigate. Especially for those with shorter legs.

The bathrooms were clean and well kept but we ran out of hot water late in the evening, which was likely due to campers showering after a recent rainstorm.

Overall the park and campground are nice but the sites aren't very accommodating for travel trailers. Even one as small as ours, which is only about 10' long. The views from the overlook were the best part of the experience.

Great view

Campground is a good size and the trail is challenging but short. I visit mostly for the views at the top. It's a beautiful spot to look out and see Winston Salem! It is a good area for family camping.

Quiet campsite, nearby hiking

Followed a winding road up the side of a mountain to this small campground. It’s late March and the weather isn’t great this week, so few other campers. The bathhouse has hot showers but not all the water pedestals around the park are on yet. There are numerous hiking trails of varying length and difficulty that can be accessed directly from this park. No trouble finding the trailhead, wondering about parking etc. Site 72 has lovely views of the lake through the trees and few neighbors to get our dog wound up. It has room for our 21 foot camper van (but not much more) as well as a tent platform. Two bars for Verizon service, enough to catch up on some work today while it was raining.

Tom is the Bomb!

Stay here, you won’t regret it. The owner is the best. He’s out helping folks all day long and never leaves anyone in need.

Great people all around!

Excellent KOA Journey

Easy on-Easy off access to several major highways which is exactly what a KOA Journey describes!! Just perfect for us. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and very helpful! Was greeted immediately, given a nice bag of goodies and taken to our site within minutes! We were set up and relaxing after a long trip within 10 minutes! I see a few complaints about highway noise - a little research will let you know within seconds that this is a KOA Journey designed for easy on-easy off access. We had no problem with highway “noise.” After two days, we realized we needed RV help. Staff was extremely helpful in finding a mobile RV service along with tire repair service, was very accommodating in allowing us to extend our stay. We already recommended this campground to our traveling group and will return in July and in October to see the leaves change! My advice to others - don’t listen to grumpy old folks!!!!