Brasher Falls, NEW YORK

Camping New York Brasher Falls
Most Recent Brasher Falls Camping Reviews
Nice but not the nicest NY State Park

This is a HUGE state park campground with 355 sites (although a number of them were being restored when we were there). Most of the sites are on the lake; some have more of a direct view while others have a filtered view through the trees. The sites are very close together and some have trees to provide privacy, but many do not. We were fortunate to have an empty site on either side of us, otherwise it would have felt very crowded. Site 27 did not have an obvious “driveway” and it looks like the last rainfall caused the person in this site to get stuck in the mud as tire tracks remained. The sites are also littered with pinecones and tree roots, so you must be cautious not to trip on them. The bathrooms are clean but small and don’t have air dryers, hooks, or garbage receptacles. The showers had been shut down for the season, but we received a phone call in advance letting us know of this and the alternative available showers in a nearby park. There is one garbage/recycling area in the park. There is a paved roadway that goes all the way around Fish Creek Pond and Square Pond, making it good for bicycling or walking. Nice amphitheater. Also saw basketball and volleyball nets plus a very small swing set

Glorious sunsets and an even more beautiful morning view!

50 sites, full hookup ($40), water& electric ($35) and tent ($??). Has the feel of an RV park with three rows of sites plus some more (I think the tent sites) closer to the road. Not much separation between sites. The lucky ones get beachfront sites with unobstructed views; we were in the second row. The beach was closed for the season when we were there; the campground is open May- September and an on-site caretaker is there the entire five months. Gorgeous sunsets. Coin-operated showers($1 for approximately 15 minutes)– did not use so cannot say how they were. Playground. Clean restroom but the women's only had one operable stall. Although there was a hot water spigot, I was not able to coax any hot(or even warm) water out of it. No defined quiet hours but it was very quiet by 8:30 pm.

Nice place but the amenities list needs revised

Nice state campground. The amenities list is incorrect. There are no hookups, electric or water. There is wood for sale when the office is open, a dump station and it has showers. The showers were free however we froze. The bath house was unheated and the showers were lukewarm at best.

Amazing views!

This campground was hard to beat! All the spots are on the water with great views of the lake! Full bathrooms and showers available! 👍🏼

The best beach sites

I just love the culture and sites at this place

Perfect spot in Adirondacks

Stayed here in our RV while visiting Lake Placid- awesome camping if you’re into hiking. The bathrooms were clean and staff very friendly.

Spacious

We stayed at Blue Jay 8/28-9/31. We were very happy with the amount of space allotted to each site. All the sites I saw were even. The bathrooms were conveniently located. Hot water in the showers is a plus. Lots of lake front, boat launches and swimming areas. Convenient to town, hiking and other activities.

Open, tightly packed, busy campground

Beggars can’t be choosers and when you’re winging it and it happens to be Labor Day weekend, you take what you can get. This place is not my ideal… It’s a large campground that’s well kept, well maintained with good facilities and is located on the St.Lawrence River. However, sites are tightly packed and a lot is in open areas where you’re camping with all of your neighbors, good or bad. Personal preference but, I prefer seclusion, separation, quiet. I don’t want to see my neighbor much less 100 of them all in the periphery. I was in the “never have I ever” conversation with the young group of partiers near me as well as there music selection. (It was only one group but it brought down the vibe). The place is nice. Sunset and sunrise were great. If you like living in a field out of your tent or R.V., this place is just fine. If you want to feel like you’re in nature and away from the world…look elsewhere.

Ultimate family spot

This place is my wife’s favorite place to go camping. She’s been going every summer since she was a baby and now we send our kids with our parents on their yearly trip if we can’t make it. Every site is on the water which is perfect for canoeing, kayaking, boating, etc. The atmosphere is unmatched for any site I’ve ever been to.

Great Views!

Waterfront camping available. Sites suitable for tents and for RVs

Love the remoteness and boat-only access that most of the sites have.

Only a few sites have cover available in the form of lean-tos.

Very good spot...

Nice camping spot with showers and toilets that are fairly clean. Employees are nice and also a trail for Scarface starting at the camp. Also some surprising visitors:)

Beautiful but crowded

We love Coles Creek because we have two little ones and they are all about riding their tricycles around the grounds. People drive super slow and watch for kids, so that’s great. There is swimming in a few places. The water is chilly but refreshing. There are some waterfront sites that are beautiful but we have been unable to get them because they are highly sought after. We always get stuck in the sites that are in the middle of the field. They are pretty close together but people tend to be community oriented at this place. We always make new friends when we go. Bathhouses are clean. Water and electric available. No sewer, but there is an adequate dumping station, with three lanes. We book this campground about twice a summer. Recommend!

Something For All Camping Styles

The West side of the campground is reserved for primitive tent campers with a few choice sites right on the water. These sites generally have tent platforms which is a good thing. On my recent trip there the ground was saturated and boggy. Not sure if that is normal or was just due to wet weather this spring. These platform sites are all hike-in, with a few of them located a good distance from the camp road. Each of these sites has its own outhouse. The one on my site was cleaned once or twice over the course of five days. There are other sites on the west side, not located on the water, but closer to your vehicle so you don't have to carry gear in and out. These sites are also close to water spigots. On the more developed side of the campground things are much as you would expect at a NYS campground. The sites are not especially private, but they come in all sizes. There is a beach with canoe rentals and swimming, an amphitheater, showers, a recycling center and a dump station. Wood and ice are also offered for sale. I'll take the quiet privacy of the west side, but there is plenty on offer for all different camping styles at Meacham Lake.

We love this park

We come here every year. We book early so we can get a water front site. I’m not sure what the other reviewer meant by not being able to get in the water. Everyone swims, kayaks, and paddle boards off their sites. Until 2018 you were not able to get in the water on the St Lawrence side of the park (the campground is in a cove) but the life guards told me last year they allow it now. There’s a great guarded beach if you have young ones with a newer playground right next to it. They pick up your trash everyday, just leave by the road. And on Saturdays a ice cream truck rolls through after dinner!

Beautiful large park

We stayed for a weekend and were lucky enough to get a premium site on the water. We stated in site 206 which was very large and had a private little beach area.  There are two totally different areas to camp so I would look closely at the campground maps. Many of the sites deeper in the woods looked damp and buggy to me but we have had a very cool wet spring. The park is kept up beautifully, the bathrooms were very clean and the staff very friendly. Large beach and playground. The cabins looked very nice also although we only saw them from the outside.  Be sure to visit the nearby Eisenhower Locks and see the ships go through. Really fascinating! I have read that Verizon has good service there but my AT&T service was not good and kept bouncing  off Canadian towers so be careful!

Family with kids get away location

This campground has the best staff you can find in northern New York. The whole time they are open they have activities planned for the kids all summer long. The staff is always smiling and welcoming you into the campground. Quiet and comfortable place to stay. If your kids like to read. There is place they can find a book and read a book.

Seasonal

Been seasonal campers for awhile. Great place to camp if you want to have fun and meet great people.  The owners are amazing as nd great with kids. Highly recommend this campground.

Great family campground!

My mom and dad camped here and I visited as an adult.  Now I am carrying on the tradition with my own kids.  Been camping here for several years.  If your looking for a fun and friendly place to relax then Pine Ridge Park Campsite is the place to be.

Very relaxing..

This Campground is very relaxing, the folks here are friendly the staff is great too.

Pine Ridge Park Campgrounds is the best place to go.

The camp grounds is the best family owned place to camp. They do alot with the children. They celebrate all the holidays. They also, want the campers option on ideas to improve the camp grounds. They listen to the campers ideas and do their best to make it happen. They keep the camp grounds clean and safe.

Amazing! So happy we picked Pine ridge:)

My family started camping at Pine ridge in 2018 as seasonal campers because we had heard all the great reviews. So if anyone has been thinking about it stop thinking and just do it! It's an amazing family oriented campground. So glad we made the right choice :)

A piece of heaven in the pines!

I Love it here!  Everyone is so friendly, that they become your extended family. Many activities to take part in, especially for the children. Pet friendly as well!!

Amazing place for family and children. A place where friends become family

If you are looking for a place to camp and have a good time, this is where you want to be. Children are safe and can enjoy the outdoors. Many events for adults and children. Owners are amazing with offering many opportunities to enjoy camping. A place where you are outdoors but feels like home. Security is offered which makes parents feel safe for their kids to be rinning around. Campers help each other out and always a good time. Friends become family!! Must experience it to believe it.

A fun, respectful, safe, family friendly place

The only campground in the area that has such welcoming staff and campers. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Fun events almost all summer, from a tail gate party to a end of school party for the kiddos. A very fast varsity of activites for all ages.

Great place for family fun

We have been seasonal campers at pine ridge for a few years now. Always something fun for the entire family  to do . May different theme nights

Amazing camp

Pine Ridge Campsite has amazing activities for children and adults.  The owner and her family are awesome.

Love Cranberry lake

We love cranberry lake it’s so beautiful! camping right on the lake and listening to the waves as you fall asleep.

lake kayak tent camping !

if you want a nice place you can combine all 4 items. Rollins pond is for you. some campgrounds are by the roadway but some are really just bu the water. i highly recommend number 201, ot is pretty much secluded from others and has areally nice natural docking spot to put your kayak or whatever easily next to your tent. this site is pretty large, i am sure you will like it. the restroom could be in better condition but all in all it is definitely a place i wouls go back again