About Coles Creek State Park
Coles Creek State Park is located in New York
3 Reviews of Coles Creek State Park
Open, tightly packed, busy campground

Beggars can’t be choosers and when you’re winging it and it happens to be Labor Day weekend, you take what you can get. This place is not my ideal… It’s a large campground that’s well kept, well maintained with good facilities and is located on the St.Lawrence River. However, sites are tightly packed and a lot is in open areas where you’re camping with all of your neighbors, good or bad. Personal preference but, I prefer seclusion, separation, quiet. I don’t want to see my neighbor much less 100 of them all in the periphery. I was in the “never have I ever” conversation with the young group of partiers near me as well as there music selection. (It was only one group but it brought down the vibe). The place is nice. Sunset and sunrise were great. If you like living in a field out of your tent or R.V., this place is just fine. If you want to feel like you’re in nature and away from the world…look elsewhere.

Beautiful but crowded

We love Coles Creek because we have two little ones and they are all about riding their tricycles around the grounds. People drive super slow and watch for kids, so that’s great. There is swimming in a few places. The water is chilly but refreshing. There are some waterfront sites that are beautiful but we have been unable to get them because they are highly sought after. We always get stuck in the sites that are in the middle of the field. They are pretty close together but people tend to be community oriented at this place. We always make new friends when we go. Bathhouses are clean. Water and electric available. No sewer, but there is an adequate dumping station, with three lanes. We book this campground about twice a summer. Recommend!

Fun campground

This campground is fun! It’s huge and flat and sits on the St. Lawrence Seaway! You get to see ships sail by! It’s beautiful and quiet too!