The best GROUP camping near
Ramah , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Ramah Camping Reviews
Beautiful beyond compaee

El Morro the second oldest national monument (Devil’s Tower being the oldest) nestled between the Zuni Pueblo and El Malpais National monument outside of Grants NM. The view includes pictographs, inscriptions of travelers as far back as the 11th century. Open Wednesday through Sunday a wonderful place to visit. On-site primitive campground with onsite water and dump station also has vault toilets. The campground sits in a natural zero light pollution with amazing stargazing opportunities

Great big rig safe location on route 40

Added to favorites will be stopping here when traveling route 40 across country.

We have learned to avoid KOA’s with our cyclone 4270 (44’ triple axel 5th wheel), all seemed to have been laid out with camper sizes of the 60’s and 70’s.

USA RV PARK is sized and laid out for modern rigs. We reserved a large rig sight to be safe but I did see other cyclones in standard pull through spots that I would have been comfortable using.

USA RV PARK is clean and quiet with the one exception of being on airport flight path. Flights were not that often but are load if your outside or have doors open. We were not bothered while inside or sleeping.

One point to be aware of when planning to stay at USA RV PARK is that map apps seem to have the location wrong when coming from the east. The park acknowledged this is an issue when coming from east and said to use exit 16 and follow signs not the map apps.

Dropped pin at entrance and copied gps location

(35.5088626, -108.8118567)

Great over night spot

Very friendly registration person. Very clean restrooms and showers. Clean level sites.

Great Experience

Called late to get a reservation and we were able to do over the phone. Very helpful and friendly. Perfect for a night pit stop, clean bathrooms and showers - great pressure and hot water. Hookups and wi fi was great. Would stop by again if we were in the area.

Dirt Sites with Some Amenities

Not much here to write home about, but this park does offer a small, enclosed dog park, pool, a small grocery in their office building, and a “cookout” concession stand like you would find at a theme park or stadium. Their stage was being used to display a patriotic homage to the US military. No pets allowed in the amenities area. Room for improvement would be adding trees and cactus appropriate to this climate to beautify the park, because it’s pretty barren. Staff did not wear masks indoors during the rising Covid pandemic.

Nice spot

Stayed here after visiting bandera volcano and ice caves… about an hour away. The campground was very clean and well maintained. Fire ring, pad for a tent and a picnic bench were at each site. Bathroom was very clean. Water was also available. Awesome night sky and very quiet. Small campground with 9 sites. I didn’t visit the monument but loved the area and campsite. I would definitely stay here again.

Great little spot

We needed a stop for our little crew and this place was perfect! Drive through spots, little play ground for kids and little decor that made it nice. We had a large tree and picnic table so we didn’t have to unload our table. All in all I would stay again for sure.

Took the short hike

As we where driving to our next destination I stopped to check out this National Monument. Plenty of parking and even easy access with my 34ft 5th wheel. There are two trails to hike, I was a little short on time and just did the shorter one in about 30 minutes. This hike takes you along the base of the cliffs and to a natural pool of water. Trails are well maintained. I also saw they had an RV park there at the Monument but was limited to trailer under 27ft. Worth the stop and was dog friendly as I took my dog on the hike.

Nice people

Close to the highway, so that's nice if you're in a desperate situation which we were. We accidentally went into the wrong section so we got yelled at for that but I give it 5 stars because they didn't kick us out and they had a nice facility for a hot shower + coffee and donuts inside.

Beautiful remote location that is FREE!

Stayed in site #1 and really enjoyed the view and the weather. Despite it being mid-July, overnight low’s were quite cool and comfortable. Restroom is minimal but enclosed. No cell service available.