About Two Medicine - Glacier National Park
National Park Service
Two Medicine - Glacier National Park is located in Montana
13 Reviews of Two Medicine - Glacier National Park
Beautiful Location and great campsites!

This campground has 3 separate loops. The loop we stayed at did not allow generators. This was campground is walking distance to the Ranger Station, Camp Store and best of all the lake. The sites are very roomy and included fire pits and picnic tables. The rangers do patrol the campground often to ensure guests are practicing best bear safe practices. You will see and possibly encounter wildlife. This is a great campground that allows you to visit some of the“less” busy parts of the park with ease.

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Great introduction to Glacier National Park

There are fewer tourists in this part of the park, so you can really enjoy your time in the wilderness. We spent the first part of the day visiting waterfalls and hiking a couple of trails, we didn't run into too many people. Numerous day hiking options and a great way to start enjoying GNP!

Campsites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The campground is mostly shaded by trees which offer a bit of privacy. Flush toilets and access to running water is available. There is a Chalet that was built by the railway that now serves as a camp store and gift shop. Very “rustic” camping but it’s totally worth it.

Pretty but crowded

Lare campground with little privacy. Sites are close together and can be noisy at times. The views are beautiful and hiking can be done from the campground. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained. Activities within the campground were nice especially if you have kids.

Two Medicine

One of my favorite places to camp because it’s secluded off on East Glacier and has about 30-50 campsites available. Again, summer is crowded but worth it to stay here a few nights. The hiking is challenging with Dawson/Pitamakan Pass which is around 20-22 miles round trip but one of the best views being up at the top of all the mountains. Bear frequenting so bring bear spray!

Just Right (without a car)

I'm really glad we heard about this place. The views are gorgeous - quintessential mountains and lakes. We did the Sun Tours bus from East Glacier after getting off the train, which let us see all the touristy views north of here. Then we took the Glacier Park Inc shuttle from the lodge to this campground.

We wanted to be in the backcountry, but forest fires didn't allow for that. We camped in site 40, which is the backpacker/biker site. The ranger said it's rarely used. It's kind of a free for all site, in that it's never considered "taken" - you just add more tents as necessary. However, it's small. We had two small tents and pretty much took the whole space. A couple of bicyclists arrived later and had to make do.

The tent spots aren't quite level, but I've seen worse. The ground is very rocky, so definitely bring your sleeping mat.

There's potable water and a bear-bin for storing food near every site.

We hiked around Two Medicine Lake, and having lunch at Twin Falls made the 8 mile loop well worthwhile. The trail is mostly easy (rocky in some areas). My family (the youngest is 10) enjoyed it, but it was about as far as we would want to hike in a day.

If we were doing it again, we'd try to reserve a larger spot even though we didn't have a car. I'm glad they had the site we stayed in though!

Just Right (without a car)

There's potable water and a bear-bin for storing food near every site.

5 stars, beautiful place to stay!!

Two Medicene Campround, which is located in the Glacier National Park is a beautiful place to stay! You honestly can't go wrong with any campgrounds in the National Park. I would say this campground is definitely less busy then other sites in the Galcier park. I went mid August and didn't have a problem finding a campsite. You can't call ahead of time and make reservations, it's on a first come first serve basis. I got to the campground around noon and was able to get a great spot, site 87 which was tucked away. I had enough space and privacy which is always nice! I love this place because it has great views, scenery and awesome hikes. I also loved that the ranger on site was helpful and knowledgable. He directed me to a few great hikes! The hikes were awesome, and had some pretty great views! My favorite hike was Cobalt Lake, it was about 6 miles total and definitely worth it. The campground itself was clean and well kept. The campsites do have a picnic table and fire ring. Just FYI, they do not have showers available but they do have flush toilets and running water. If you are only staying a few nights, a shower isn't really needed :). I would definitely recommend coming and staying here, it's a great place to stay!

Two Medicine

Campgrounds are on the outskirts of Two Medicine but the hike is absolutely beautiful and scenic! Lots of wildlife and flowers to see. Its a main hiking spot of Glacier. Lush and green you will find it mixed with Glacier snow and water cascading from the mountain. The experience is worth this stop on your trip through Glacier!

You may actually find a spot after 10 am!

Glacier National Park campgrounds fill up quickly -- but if you're coming to the park from the south east -- you might have a chance to get a site at the lovely Two Medicine. The entrance to the Two Medicine section of Glacier is separate from the main entrance, and it seems that many people miss this option until all the other options run out.

The campground is beautiful, and sits right on the lake with two mountains as a backdrop. Sites are spacious, however, there isn't a lot of privacy between sites. Some sites connect to others- which can be a bonus if you're traveling in a larger group.

We camped at Sites #72 & #73 -- two connecting sites one row back from the lake view. Each site had a fire pit, picnic table, tent pad, and access to toilets without a long walk. This site pair also had a nice trio of trees that we were able to use for our 3 hammocks (and hang them with a lake view).

To access other portions of the park like Going to the Sun road, the drive back out to the main entrance was an extra 10-12 miles. At the campground there is access to a number of short to medium hikes as well as a ranger station and lake tours by boat.

Don't miss this area!

Two medicine was recommended to us for a less "touristy" campground. We found an open campsite getting there after noon hour, but don't get there too late they'll eventually fill up. But great variety of trails, beautiful scenery. Saw a female moose the first day, we definitely kept our distance though! Campgrounds were very clean with nice amenities, make the east side of the park your next stop! Also, not a far drive back towards Many Glacier area! We'll be back.