The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Indian Point , MISSOURI

Most Recent Indian Point Camping Reviews
Not for Motorcycles

I've never been there but the reviews and the website look wonderful.  I only reviewed to say it's probably not a good place for motorcycles to get in and out.  The road in is dirt and gravel.   I'd still love to go try it car camping though.

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Really Nice!

This is a COE facility. Pads are generally good and pretty level. Sites are spaced out nicely. There is a marina here with a restaurant that is open during the season. It had just closed on Labor Day when we were here. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again. There is not a lot to do though if you are not going out on the lake. We drove over and spent the afternoon at Roaring River State Park, which is very near by.

No WiFi...

Even though site states there is

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Scenic campground on the river, great location!

Pros: Great location on the river and close to plenty of hiking trails! Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring. The bathrooms were well maintained and there is drinking water available. You can walk to the river from the campground which is very convenient! I'd recommend booking a campsite along the trees and further from the parking lot. Good for groups - you can book multiple spots next to each other. I booked the site through recreation.gov.

Cons: I gave this campground 4 stars instead of 5 only because I prefer less crowded campgrounds where the campsites are more spread out. This campground was full on the Saturday we were there (even though my photos don't show it) which we expected based on it's popularity. Each site is very close to the next. You may end up next to a group of partiers who want to stay up late with loud music, making it hard to fall asleep, so you never know what you'll experience at a campsite like this.

3 day trip there made better with this site

This campground was one of my favorites to stay at. It has a fairly central location to a lot of interesting trails and sights (Hemmed-In Falls, Glory Hole trail, etc.) . My girlfriend and I went during a dry spell, and couldn't find a good swimming hole to relax at. Well, it turns out that right behind the campsite is the best place to swim! Can't recommend this site enough, will go again soon.

Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!

Pretty cool place

I grew up 30 miles from RR.. over the years I have camped or visited here it has grown and in some cases gotten a little crowded, but with good reason, it’s a beautiful and fun site with lots to do in and around the park area. From wishing to ORV to hiking to lake access it’s an all around fun area. The Trout farm is a fun tour and the trails around the area are easy to access.. big sites in most areas, the upper area has full hookups while the river bottom is not.