Camping in Gila

333 Reviews of 37 Gila, Missouri Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Hidden gem

this campground is a little gem. has a great river access.  the sites are nice and spacious

• Play button icon
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great for those who want to be alone

This is an olen camping area as it’s in a conversation area. There are no sites you just pick your spot. We had a great time exploring the outdoors- saw no other people and only heard nature and airplanes

Month of VisitApril

Beautiful scenery

I used to take groups of campers here and it was one of their favorite-!typically a quiet campground

Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Can’t wait to come back!

This may be one of my favorite campsites!! Our campsite was very private and I appreciated the cart the park supplied to move our gear to the site. We had some skunk visitors overnight. There’s a great River to swim in, phenomenal ranger led programs, a great playground and nice trails. It makes…

• Starting our hike
  • Great playground
  • Swimming and jumping
    Play button icon
SiteWI-3
A

Great Campground for the Night

I only stayed at the campground for one night, but it was lovely. I had a tent/car setup. Nice electric and water access, and a picnic table with fire pit. Bathrooms were clean. Just be alert for bears and other interesting animals.

Mike and Michelle B.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Beautiful quiet

Our space was away from the big loop which was cram packed but pretty quiet. Trails were great but cave was closed while we were there.

Justin T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Great spot, little crowded

Great location with easy access to trails. Drive in spot, fire ring, latern holder, and restrooms make it convenient choice. Only real downside is the spots are fairy close together providing minimal privacy.

Jana C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Bad bad bad

My family of 9 visit eminence Missouri yearly to kayak the river and spend time together. This year we decided to stay at Apple Jacks 21 which is owned along with rivers edge. We booked our reservation far in advance and even called July 10th to confirm our stay and were told by the owner directly…

Bryan F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Easy going in Campground 1

I’ve never been to a campground so finely manicured. The grass is short and the roads are in great shape. Campground 1 has a boat ramp and easy access to river sits. Some of the sites are a little crampy, but if all you’re doing is cooking and sleeping, you’re as good to go as a crunch wrap…

• A RIBER
    Play button icon
  • Stayed in 8
Ben S.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great campsite!

Campground 1 is beautiful. Keep your food stored safely as we saw 5 skunks, 4 raccoons, 1 weasel and a partridge in a pear tree. They're all pretty bold about stealing food.

• Skunks checking out the grease in a fire pit
Sitecampground 1, spot 8
NDea C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Absolutely love it here!!

So many amenities and places to check out! My former partner and I and even friends checked this place out a few times. We enjoy the overall area and atmosphere of the shop m, visitor center and cafe offers some pretty good eats if you were up for making some yourself! Otherwise the hikes are…

Month of VisitApril
Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

I’m here for River but I’ve heard the cave is nice.

We’re more River focused than interested in a cave during a pandemic. So, I dunno about the cave.

Good river access, logical layout, standard Missouri state park fees and layout. The wifi got knocked out during a flood and may not be replaced.

m
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Fun times

It was great. Fishing was really good. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Site#1 primitive tent
Nicole H.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Favorite campsite

We camp here multiple times over the last five years. Great staff, lots of things to do,

multiple different floats and a great tube loop.