The best BOAT IN camping near
Doniphan , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Doniphan Camping Reviews
Backwoods River camping

This is a float camp along Eleven Points river. This one is accessible by 2 miles of gravel road. Several dedicated camp sites that each have fire ring, shepherds hook, picnic table. There is one pit toilet building. There is a beautiful blue spring coming out of the bottom of a pool formerly used to power Boze Mill.

12 dollars a night buut theres a free campsite just north of there.

Greer spring is right down the road and is wrll worth the hike!

Nice little park

We stayed here over Veteran's Day weekend and had a pretty good time. We camped in site 54 which the website listed as a 45ft pad, but it was pretty difficult getting our 32ft camper in there. Only complaints would be- it was a small campsite, not alot of room around the firepit, and the only trash dumpster were at the dump station. Besides that, it was a nice park with a swimming area, playground, and walking trails.

Riverfront campsites, beautiful spring-fed waters, clear water

We loved our waterfront campsite.  We had a section of the river to ourselves and it was a large private spot.

The site was rocky, so mats would be hard (but we had an air mattress, so we were fine).

The water is spring-fed and very clear and beautiful.

Be sure to visit the nearby springs and sites of the recreational area.  The springs are so deep blue and dramatic against the rocky cliffs.

Hearing the sounds of the river and the chirping birds at night was amazing.

It was a bit buggy but we were prepared.

Pretty State Park, Hard to Get to

This was a pretty, uncrowded state park in Arkansas. Nice small pond with a good walking trail around it.  The park was hard to get to, narrow/windy roads. I enjoyed my stay there and its great if its on your way from point A to point B.

Gorgeous in the Fall

My group and I camped in two of the basic sites in Asher Creek campground and we couldn’t get enough of the front-row lake view! The sites closest to the lake are very level, and everyone in the campground is only a short walk from the cleanest park restrooms I’ve ever seen. If you’re like me and are just doing basic tent camping, I’d recommend a pop-up canopy for the table area since there is not a lot of tree cover in those sites. Overall, an excellent place to camp!

What it says it is

10/10 would stay again. Pros- Easy to find. Definitely marked campsites. Trashcans. Water. Easy on and off US 67. No one bothered us. Even saw official people in the morning.

Cons- the overpass is right there so it’s not quiet. Someone’s dog barked ALL night. Not another camper- a local’s dog.

nice site

nice place beautiful and friendly people but too many trains lol but worth it for the memories

awesome

great time gotta go labor day weekend it is awesome

Great Missouri SP

Just spent the weekend with my family at Sam A Baker (SAB). We stayed at campground 2. Spot 145 and had plenty of shade and space. There are two traditional camps and one equestrian. The park is crowded but that’s because of how great it is. Lots of paved walk/bike trails around the park. If you forget your bike no problem you can rent one for $5 a day! The visitors center was neat. The general store has everything you need and a restaurant attached where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent some time on the gravel bar which was a short walk from our campsite. The water on Big Creek was clear, shallow, and not too cold. I would recommend this state park to any family looking to camp.