The best WALK IN camping near
Yazoo City , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Yazoo City Camping Reviews
Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.

Very Clean and We'll Maintained

Camp there several times a year from spring through summer. Sites are spacious and level. Has easy access to the Pearl River and Ross Barnett Reservoir. Plenty of boat parking and nice boat launch. Clean restrooms and nice pool

Convenient and clean

We have camped the last 2 years for the local half Ironman race (Deep South Triathlon) and it’s more than just convenient, it’s perfect for what we want. This campground is right on the reservoir, but immediately near any restaurant, grocery, event space you want.

You can just roll in, find a spot and let the office know you’re there, or better yet, reserve a spot and make sure there is room for you. The sites are clean, level and I believe they all have hookups up to 50amp.

Excellent campground

We camped here Sept. 20-22 while we were in town to volunteer at the Sanderson Farms PGA golf tournament. I was very impressed with the amenities such as the laundry room, pool and bath house. The bath house was very clean and has private showers. The staff was very helpful. It is located right on the Ross Barnett Reservoir so it is a beautiful area. If you need anything, there is a Kroger grocery store right across the street from the campground. I was very satisfied and will stay there again for future tournaments.

Great campground in a big city

We stopped here for just an over night stay as we passed through. Didn't expect much being that it's a state park in the middle of a big city. We were wrong! Very cool campground, great facilities and lots to do right in the area. Never figured we would say let's come back but since we didn't get any time to really check it out we would like to return!

Nice Campground

Nice campground with lots to do. Easy access to a lot of different amenities around.

Good place to stay if you want to see the sites in Vicksburg

Of the 3 campgrounds in the Vicksburg area that we viewed, Ameristar RV Resort park was the best.

The lady in the cg office was pleasant and helpful. Gave us a discount for being a Good Sam member. The office is only open from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. & the pool closes when the office does. You can check in at the hotel front desk after hours. There is shuttle service to the casino and they will pick you up and drop you off at your site.

The sites are all pull-thru and full hookup,  but most are fairly unlevel. Cable tv is available at each site.

The bathrooms and showers are clean and modern. There is no bench to put your things on, but hooks and a towel bar are available. There is also a clean and modern laundry room.  Wifi is available at the office.

There is a short steep grade getting down to the cg.