The best TENT SITES camping near
Yazoo City , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Yazoo City Camping Reviews
Nice quiet campground

Big paved spaces . Wi-Fi and att coverage works great . Casino bus not running in oct as of 26. It’s a good 1/2 to 1 mile hard walk to casino. Heritage restaurant open . $14.95 for a cafeteria type meal . They have someone serving behind the buffet which was about 1/4 of the normal food. Entrance could be easily missed. It sits off main road.

Very Nice, well kept

We just stayed overnight but it was very nice. Easily accessible from highway but felt like we were not in the middle of the city. Went for a nice walk this morning and saw a gator. This will be a great place for us to kickstart our trips since we typically leave right after work and can only drive a little that first night.

Really enjoyed this place

We stayed in N28 in a 38’ gooseneck and the concrete pad was pretty much level. In fact, most sites are really level with minimal effort needed to finish leveling. Electric and water were easily accessible. The boat slip and canal were nice but crowded on Saturday morning. Very quiet campground and super clean. The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. My grandkids wanted to swim and they opened the pool gate for them to be able to swim. Did get stung by wasp on the pier, but that was not the campgrounds fault.

Middle of the city gem!

This MS state park is smack dab in the middle of Jackson, MS. It is snuggled in the woods along a river. The bathrooms and sites were clean. Every site has a beautiful view. We stayed next to the river and encountered wildlife right away - gators, rabbits, birds. The trails are lovely, easy walks through cypress swamps and dry forest. One way the trail leads to a dam with old structures and great fishing opportunities, the other fork leads you to the museum of natural science! My children loved that!!! Upon checkout we had a nice converaation with the ranger. We cant wait to go back!

More a long term facility

I am not sure if this is truly a campground. It’s very convenient to the Vicksburg National Military Park and I20. However the place seems to be geared to long-term permanent residents.

Surprised by this Park

Stopped here as a halfway point to our destination. Stayed two nights and now wish we did more. The campgrounds were spacious and level. The trails were Peaceful and I loved all the nature you see everywhere. Had my morning coffee and watched a 7ft gator swimming and paying us no mind. Most amazing thing I've seen. I'm a city dweller that loves nature so this was a first for me with the gator sighting in the wild. Restrooms were clean, no luck fishing but that's okay it was just great just sitting there. Love that it was close to town because one night we decided to just go out for dinner. Very quiet and I'd stay here again and again.

Great stopping place

This place is easy… pretty and cheap.  I'm near a decent sized pool the kids have enjoyed. A big pond with little fishing boats and ducks. There are beautiful flowers and trees. I think they allow horses but I didnt venture too far.

Cypress trees and cement pads

Remember to check your email for your gate access code the gentleman ahead of us did not and it took awhile to get in after a long day of driving. The site we had was right next to the lake which had an active fish population, two gators, and several kayaks. The bathhouse is up on stilts/pillings it was clean and made of logs. the electric service looked new and the water pressure was good. We sat outside even in the 98+ heat to see the activity on the lake. This campground is right off of the interstate but feels like you are in the country.

beautiful and clean

we stayed during a hunting trip and used the campground because of its close proximity to where we hunted. the showers and restrooms were well taken care of ,noticed disc golf there and a pond for fishing. highly recommended stay

Great Overnight Stop

We got in late so we registered at the closed office door by putting our $27 payment in an envelope in the door slot. How convenient! Close to Hwy 55, clean and quiet.