About Davis Bayou - Gulf Islands National Seashore
Price
$10.00 - $77.00
Davis Bayou - Gulf Islands National Seashore is located in Mississippi
5 Reviews of Davis Bayou - Gulf Islands National Seashore
Close enough to civilization, but far enough to feel secluded

I've spent much of my life here. There's plenty of walking trails, and you can check out the gator alley area where you'll typically see at least one gator. There are plenty of pavilions around that you can rent for larger events, but it's generally pretty quiet here. It's far enough in the woods to where you don't hear much of the city traffic, but close enough to where emergency vehicles could reach you very quickly in case something happened. Safe area for kids, adults, and pets. You're guaranteed to see some pretty cool wildlife and sunsets!

We camped in the group campsite. The bathrooms were a short walk away but were very clean & nice. There were plenty of trails, fishing areas & lots to explore and see. I would definitely return.

Camping and lake fun

We live very close to Davis Bayou, so we have experienced this area on more than one occasion.

Camping: We enjoyed our spot and the variety of locations to park. They are a little close to each other, but far enough to not feel claustrophobic. We enjoyed the fire ring and being close to the woods.

Water: There is a night boat ramp and dock here, but check before you come. We recently had some hurricane damage. There is a fee for the boat ramp, but it’s on $3 on an honor system. We purchased a $20 year long pass. This area is good for motor boat access to open water and canoe/kayak access to open water and the bayou. This is also good for fishing.

Etc: There is a little bit of hiking/nature trail access here. They have a good exhibit at the visitor center.

Overall a good park nestled in this community.

Classic Bayou and National Seashore

This is an amazing area for exploring the Bayou by kayak and trails. We loved the diversity of environments, from dense mature hardwoods to marshes to the beach and of course the bayous.

Yay: nature center is great and rangers lead free hikes. The campground is medium sized, wooded but fairly open. It’s a simple campground but does have showers and some hookups. It’s very close to civilization, which may or may not be a selling point for you.

Nay: no tent only sites, but not bad.

Surprise: a few campsites are right next to the water! If you only camp in one place in MS I recommend this one.

Camping in Mississippi

My girlfriend and I were super excited to camp here because of the name; National Seashore. We expected kind of beach camping and couldn't find too many pictures of the park that would indicate otherwise. When we got there we quickly realized that we were mistaken and it was more of a swampy marshland, which we should have expected given it is Mississippi. So it took some time to find a place to pitch our small tent where we felt safe. The hardest part was how miserably hot and humid it was. All in all though the camp ground was nice and well kept, the bathrooms and showers were great, the staff and fellow campers were nice, and I had an overall good experience. Also, the park had a nice welcome center and map that made it easy to find our way around. But I would not recommend tent camping in the summer months because of the heat.