The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Carland Camping Reviews
Campground on Pleasant Lake

Campground in a county park. There is a "beach" area on the lake. That is made of gravel and a seawall. The park does have a nice wooden playground.

Bruin Lake

Beautiful fall 🍁🏕🍂campground. It is between 10 to 20 min to the DTE mountain biking trails. The campground is very clean and I got two bars of Verizon cell phone service. The showers and bathrooms were already closed for the season when I camped there. The campsites have different sizes so pay attention to your boundaries. I enjoyed overlooking the lake and I will definitely be back again.

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we had to run the ac which is unusual for us in Michigan. We were in the midst of a heat-wave though and it was much appreciated. The park needs to upgrade the electrical system as this was putting a strain on their electrical equipment. We did go for a short paddle on (C) Ovid Lake, but again, no shade and HOT. I can't recall why we didn't go swimming?? Overall the campground was nice and I would stay again.

Well maintained campgrounds!

The sites were very nice, and so were the bathrooms. Lights is fun activities for the kids for halloween. Lots of rules to follow, but the place has a nice atmosphere overall. Very large campgrounds… Quite the walk to the showers if you're staying up on the hill.

Doesn’t seem to have opened this year

As researching different near by campgrounds we came across this one and it looked like it would be great for a family reunion type of group event. Very limited sites in this peaceful piece of property but sites so big you could have multiple families on them. Looking for a different kind of adventure/ venue for a wedding without all the fuss n’ muss I believe this would be well worth looking into

Omg great family / kids time to unplug!!

Tenting at its finest… brother his wife and 5 kids my husband at the time and 4 kids reserved a group area and had a blast teaching and showing those who had never camped how fun it could be!! No cell/internet service but that was perfect!! Great time to unplug and just enjoy our surroundings and begin to learn our own creativity! Learned how to ensure food was safe and tucked away from coons along with the good ole fashion porta potties …. nothing Lysol can can’t fix there but with a total of 8 males (6 being under 18….) always have a can of Lysol when porta potties were in our future lol Definitely would go back when ready for a”rustic” camping event!

Busy busy busy

Nice family/ Christian campgrounds… ok for those who care not enjoy alcohol beverages while vacationing, great activities set up for the kids. Clean and cautious due to Covid as necessary. Definitely recommend to families w kids that are on the conservative side and would like to keep their faith religiously on sundays with service and etc. As well as always being actively filled. Had my step daughters 8th grade graduations done two years in a row there at their auditorium as well.

Hope next year will be better

Tried getting into the campgrounds via cabin… none were available for any portion of the season. Never been to a KOA before and wanted to see if it would be worth our while to join / membership with them as we have begun to notice they have a lot of amenities listed for several of their locations and actually ended up staying at another one without realizing it until we pulled in as it seems they were just bought out by KOA possibly up by Mt Pleasant. Grounds were kept up ok, Covid precautions taken seriously but considering we weren’t able to stay in a cabin we didn’t enjoy our nights as well as we would of cared to. Next year/ season hoping we either have a nicer camper or can stay in a cabin as well as bring the kids now that we know what is available hopefully Covid will be a thing of the past so all amenities will be open as well. Phone has not had enough space and didn’t save any pics to share unfortunately

Lansing's only campground

This is the only campground in lansing. The property is nicely shaded. There is a large main building and large outdoor pool.

Bay City State Park Campground

This is a really nice campground with newer bathrooms. I saw two cabins. The campground is not right on the lake. You have to cross the road to get to the state park with a great beach and a small, two mile trail. The campsites are right next to each other but there were a lot of mature trees. There are a few swing sets at the campground and the state park had a splash pad and huge playground.