About Seawall Campground
Contact
Seawall Campground is located in Acadia National Park in Maine
42 Reviews of Seawall Campground
Excellent access to Acadia

Super easy for small tents, we had a pair of 2-person ones that fit the sites just fine.

Easy to ride paved roads into the site. fire pits to use at night were really fun, and we met lots of great company.

When we went the shuttle was down, but the roads into and around Acadia are super easy to navigate.

Awesome!!

It was so pleasant to camp in relative seclusion after a day of exploring the scenic beauty and the many trails that twist around this fantastic national treasure. The night was clear, the stars out, and the sounds of the Atlantic nearby made a superb camping experience. With coastal hikes so close, sunrise hikes and exploring the tide pools were outstanding!

On the quiet side

This was my 1st trip to Acadia NP and I choose the site based on nothing more than looking online. It turned out to be a great campground on the quiet side on the island. The site was good and on par with other national park sites I had been at. Having the shore a short walk away was nice as well.

There are many oppurtunities for hiking, biking, shopping and of course lobster everywhere!

Love this spot!

I love the seclusion of this campground- it's cool to be able to be surrounded by fellow campers and the woods- and I like that your car isn't pulled right up to the site. It's near some breathtaking rocky shorelines. No showers- but there are some quarter showers at a store a couple minutes away. I believe they're renovating the campground at the end of the year- I'm interested to see what they do with the place!

Maine Event

We stayed four nights at Seawall and were rather impressed with the size and quality of both the campground area but also the bathrooms. We stayed in loop D, a tent loop, and it was very well organized and easy to navigate. D24 was our camp site and was perfect. Slightly larger and set back a bit from the other campsites, it offered a bit more privacy and a wee bit more room. The campground was full 3 of the 4 nights we stayed and while most sites were hidden with trees, the noise was definitely there. It was great to see the families adventuring out, assisted by the larger size of the sites and the well groomed, short walk in trails and wheelbarrow for moving your items. The fact that the closest showers were around 10 minutes away and cost a decent amount was a little disappointing but livable. They also had lovely ranger led activities that seemed like a great selling point as well. The ease of biking across the street to the seawall picnic area was great as it is on the water but the distance to Bar Harbor and the main area of the park was a bit inconvenient even though the buses did offer service. All in all, rather impressed for such a campground and well worth a stay.

Great NP campground on the 'quiet side'

Stayed at site 8 in the first loop. We only stayed here 1 night because the campground that we had planned to stay at for the week could not accommodate us on the 1st night that we were on the island, but Seawall had a few spots still available and I wanted to check out the tidal pools near this area anyway. It's a great campground, and I'm sure we could have been happy spending the week here as well, though I would say this campground is further away than I would have liked to most of the island's trails, which are on the east side of MDE (maybe 20-40 minutes depending on where you're trying to get to and if it's easy to access via the Park Loop Road). Facilities were great, and one pro of staying at a NP campground is easy access to the ranger programs - the ranger also gave us the pointer to check out another ranger 'program' to observe the nesting peregrine falcons via telescope from the Precipice Trail parking lot, which was awesome. Around 2 miles away from this campground is probably the best place on the island to explore in the tidal pools, and I've posted our fav photos from that adventure as well.

Seawall campground

Seawall is on the quiet side of the Island, away from the huge tourist crowds of Bar Harbor. The campground is across the street from a nice picnic area overlooking the Atlantic and the Cranberry Islands. It's a great place to watch the lobster boats as well as check out tidal pools at low tide. The campground is wooded with a large number of walk in tent sites as well as a separate area for RVs. If you reserve your site online (I highly recommend doing so if you want to camp between May and September), you can see exactly how many steps you will have to walk to get to your campsite. All sites have fire rings, picnic tables, and gravel tent pads. Some sites are more secluded than others, but the entire campground is wooded. There are nice flush toilets, and pay showers are about a mile down the road.

Acadia is Amazing!

Since the campground is closing this fall to renovate I will focus mostly on what the park has to offer. Our family of four plus one pet was impressed with the transportation system provided by Acadia in partnership with L.L Bean. Free buses are pet-friendly which allowed for maximum exploration. Activities within walking distance from the campground included hiking, beach combing, and picnicking. Waking up to see the beautifully painted sky over the ocean at sunrise is well worth it! Rock climbing and various boat excursions were also available. Southwest Harbor neighbors the campground and has adorable coffee houses and restaurants. Also, be sure to seek out one of Ms. Frances' blueberry pies from the Quietside Cafe. Hoping renovations keep walk-in woodsy sites, but update bathrooms and maybe include showers, although a clean pay facility exists a mile towards Southwest Harbor. All together, the gorgeous geography, National Park Service and kind neighboring towns made tent-camping in Acadia an outstanding and affordable experience. This will not be our last visit!

walk-ins available

site: some walk-in sites available. wooded. some sites definitely more private than others. gravel site- so sleeping on something was helpful! amenities: clean. no showers. attractions: near hiking trails. I would go camping here if/when we visit Acadia again.

Mid-Coast Maine

Mid-Coast Maine is a place where you can spend a day on any body of water, club mountains, scale rocks, camp, and more. From Acadia to downeast, Maine is sure to keep you busy. Seawall campground is a great stop camp for a summer of activities. A little expensive but worth the price. If you want to save a buck save your trip for the off-season. Quieter camping, less traffic, and still I am ton to do!