About Chimney Rock Canoe and Campground

Bluffed, river side campsites. Canoe, kayak rentals and shuttle service.

Chimney Rock Canoe and Campground is located in Iowa
5 Reviews of Chimney Rock Canoe and Campground
The best weekend camping so close to home!

Chimney Rock Campground was exactly what this Family needed for our first camping trip! We stayed in the upper C campground, every spot is spread far apart for privacy. Yes there was music and people partying I have read people complain in other reviews, but it was done at a decent time and what do you expect? we have all been there and done that and they were done before midnight and silence the rest of the night! We rented canoes and went on a four hour trip but next time we will Deff go on a longer canoe trip and leave earlier. The scenery and the clear water on the river and we went fishing and caught one after the other. We cannot complain about one single thing from our weekend getaway close to home and will be back very very soon.

Best place to unplug with the family.

Excellent staff. One of the best kept campgrounds I've been to. Between the campground and the nearby towns, there is easily two weeks of activities to do. More depending on the time of year you go. They offer canoeing, kayaking, tubing, sand volleyball court, shower facilities, water and electrical hookups, cabins, picnic shelter, and firewood on site. Go to http://www.chimneyrocks.com for more information

Awesome campground outside beautiful Decorah!

This campground has it all. Easy access for kayaking and tubing on the Upper Iowa River.

Perfect Spot on Upper Iowa River

I have been visiting Chimney Rock Camp and Canoe for 20 years. Every time I visit I have a wonderful time enjoying the scenic Upper Iowa River. This part of Iowa is a treasure. Deb and her crew are always helpful and accommodating. They run a great canoe/kayak/tube rental with shuttle service. This is a private campground. I appreciate the laid back vibe. We have been here during the week and have had the place pretty much to ourselves. The weekends are a bit more lively, but with friendly folks. Some of my favorite memories are on the shuttle bus up to the drop in and laughing with fellow campers/ river floaters. We love Chimney Rock and pray this little slice of heaven is available for us to enjoy for years to come. We prefer to stay down by the river sans electricity. We have done this for years in a tent and now in our hybrid camper. There are cabins, electric sites, showers and a dump station.

Canoe Rental and Group Camping

We visit on memorial day weekend with a large group. Camp right along side the Upper Iowa River….80 foot limestone bluffs! Campground shuttles and rents canoes/kayaks.