Trowbridge , ILLINOIS

Camping Illinois Trowbridge

Most Recent Trowbridge Camping Reviews
Nice place to camp need to get back

Nice place for a weekend visit or a week of fun on Lake Shelbyville. Sites are spread out fairly well and there’s plenty of shade from the summer sun. Wish it were closer to home. A bit far for a short weekend away but always worth the time.

Great family friendly environment

The park campground and all of its facilities were very clean. The park employees were friendly and super helpful. My family had a great time fishing. The lake was well stocked and maintained. We will definitely go back.

Good stop over

The campground is fairly small. They appeared to have all gravel sites with minimal grass. There are fire rings by request. The sites are fairly tight. Couldn’t erect our screen house even if we wanted to. The staff was friendly and informative. They guided us to our site which was good, I never would have found my site without their help. Like I said, all gravel without clear markings or signage. I might use this place again but only as a one night stop over.

Peaceful

This is a small privately owned campground. It's not in a city but not far from a few busy ones. You get the feel of a country stay but the owner is so friendly and helpful that you feel like your visiting family or friends. The site we had had a nice sized front and back area which was nice with our larger dogs. Most of the other campers there are workers for the refinery nearby. Only 2 of the 12 sites seemed to be long term and they were all well kept. Mr Jim the owner works but is just a text or phone call away and actually lives (in a silo or feed bin his family converted into a house, which we thought very interesting and unique) right around the corner. So if you're ever in the area it is worth a stop. While there look for the sign to buy the eggs, best brown eggs I've had in awhile (thanks ricky).

Great little state park with solid facilities

We only live about an hour north of Fox Ridge, so we made a last minute trip down for an extended weekend when the weather was perfect. :)  It took a bit of maneuvering to get into our site, due to the trees on each side of the site, but once we got in, we were really happy with the space and privacy.  There was a playground for the kiddos across the street, a bathroom a few sites down, and the bathhouse was a short walk away.  It was the perfect place to spend a low key fall weekend.  Btw, we stayed in site 14, which, as I mentioned, wasn't easy to back into, but wow did it have a lot of space once we were able to get parked!

Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Looking for a respite in the middle of Lincoln country? Fox Ridge State Park Satisfied.

We found out that the back loop was not available due to downed trees, but that didn't diminish the stay for us. (Back loop was no electric and normally first come, first serve.)

We couldn't reserve a site because it was March and because of the time of year, and Covid I suppose, so it was first come, first served. You have to put your fee in the envelope provided when you enter the front loop. Reserved campsites were supposed to be posted on the board, but I didn't see a list.

$18 for electric was very reasonable. The restroom near our site, #13, was open, but no lights and no shower. We almost needed it as a tornado shelter the evening we stayed, but the thunderstorms were all we had to deal with.

There is a dump station. We didn't need it.

It used to be so beautiful

Sadly, it is closed for now. But it hlwas so quiet and peaceful.

Huge lake, nice camping

Camped here in a tent. Loved it. Raccoons are really brave and ate not afraid of humans. They know how to rip open a tent for food. Nothing is safe here. But a beautiful lake and campground.