The best RV SITES camping near
Hewittville , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Hewittville Camping Reviews
Nice place to camp need to get back

Nice place for a weekend visit or a week of fun on Lake Shelbyville. Sites are spread out fairly well and there’s plenty of shade from the summer sun. Wish it were closer to home. A bit far for a short weekend away but always worth the time.

Very nice facility

Have stayed here numerous times. Always very clean. We have only stayed in the electric only sites as the full hookup sites are hard to come by. Very quiet at night and depending on your site, there are nice views of the summer sky. Some camping areas are more wooded than others and those also seem to fill up fast. We’ll be making a couple of trips here this summer.

Fantastic backcountry sites

Short walk from the parking lot if carrying heavy gear, but still spaced out enough to feel isolated. Vault toilets right at the parking lot as well. Next to a big grassy area and hill for group games

Good stop over

The campground is fairly small. They appeared to have all gravel sites with minimal grass. There are fire rings by request. The sites are fairly tight. Couldn’t erect our screen house even if we wanted to. The staff was friendly and informative. They guided us to our site which was good, I never would have found my site without their help. Like I said, all gravel without clear markings or signage. I might use this place again but only as a one night stop over.

Very quiet

This KOA is in a rural area. The signage to get there was very good, plus we had our GPS to help out. This area is QUIET! No trains, no interstate noise. It was great after a long day traveling. Bathrooms/showers are very clean& decorated nicely. Staff was courteous. Our site was fine. This KOA has many family activities, including a pool, mini golf, jumping pillow& a huge field for the kids to play. Cell service was fine.

Only bad thing- While checking in, the lady told me we couldn't use our sewer. She said the whole row was backing up. Since the dump station was also in this line, we couldn't dump. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I talked my husband out of dumping when we left the state park we were at because we were going to a KOA with a full hookup site! We camped at Springfield KOA Journey in a Travel Trailer.

It used to be so beautiful

Sadly, it is closed for now. But it hlwas so quiet and peaceful.

Huge lake, nice camping

Camped here in a tent. Loved it. Raccoons are really brave and ate not afraid of humans. They know how to rip open a tent for food. Nothing is safe here. But a beautiful lake and campground.

Loved camping here

I camped here in a tent before we had an rv. The primitive sites were perfectly quiet and away from others. Toilet was close and so was parking. I kind of miss tent camping!!!

Home!!!

We have a permanent lake lot here. The marina is small and basic. Actually everything is basic here but it's still great to have 10 minutes from home.