The best RV SITES camping near
Grantfork , ILLINOIS

Most Recent Grantfork Camping Reviews
Always a favorite

I have literally spent weeks here. I used to come out here alone for a week to prepare for big college exams. Such a peaceful atmosphere. Great place for families and a big choice in types of sites.

Beautiful and what a lake!

Only stayed here once. Nothing bad but like others nearby even better.

Oh what fun it is to——

A favorite of ours. Small but clean. Beach access. Spent many weekends here.

My kind of place.

Big sites. Been coming here since the trees were just saplings. For us it is a little farther drive but a pretty campground.

Nice Campground

Stayed here many times. So much fun and memories. Campground with a pool, store, bath houses. Could use some updates but very family frie.

Perfect

Best campground hands down mellow and friendly

Recommended

The casino complex was closed due to COVID. Reservations are online and they email you the gate code and WiFi code. Security is proactive in patrols and are friendly and helpful. No frills but a great view of the arch. Centrally located and across the bridge from downtown.

Close to STL, beautiful bathrooms, restaurant on site, after hours check in

I specifically would like to point out things that I look for when booking because I’m usually already on the road when trying to find a place to stay. There was after hours check in! But also a so friendly staff in the office. Beautiful coded bathrooms with showers. They were heated and warm and very well marked.
We did get a 30amp spot, because we have a van with solar panels and didn’t need to hook up. From doing this we were placed under street lights so they were always on and bright directly on our van. The next night they let us move to a 50 amp. The 50 amp spaces were the only ones with firepits. Rvs are close to one another but I was completely okay with that. There was road noise, quite a bit. But large trash bins and a great bbq restaurant on the grounds! I was planning on grabbing a gallon of milk when we got there…there really is nothing around the rv park! Maybe a couple gas stations at best, but if you need groceries or anything, stop and get them before you get close. Stop in the town before.

Oh and an awesome playground for the kids!!

Crazy Convenient Overnight Spot

This place was a godsend. I called frantically searching for a space in late November and was greeted by a lovely person who got me all set up over the phone. She had me call as I was approaching and came down and met me at the office to check me in. It had water (with defroster on the podium), sewer and functional electric. Unfortunately the weather was garbage and I didn’t get to explore the lake but it was a great experience none the less.

Beautiful View of the Lake

This campground offers many sites that are right on the lake. Beautiful views. Also boasts the best shower house/bathrooms around. They are air conditioned and cleaned regularly.