Nature
Signs & Maps

Buffalo (Idaho)

7 Reviews

About This Campground

Buffalo Campground is located 26 miles south of West Yellowstone, Montana and 25 miles north of Ashton, Idaho in beautiful Island Park, Idaho.

Buffalo is a large campground just off U.S. Highway 20 on the banks of the Buffalo River at an elevation of 6,200 feet. Visitors love Island Park for its…

For Campers

• 30 amp Hookups
  • 50 amp Hookups
  • Max Length: 60 ft.

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite

Reviews

7 Reviews of Buffalo (Idaho)

Ratings Breakdown

• 3
  • 4
D
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2020

One of the best places I have stayed

My stay here was just for one night in August but it is a great relaxing place. During the day you could here the highway a little but it wasn’t something that I could here often. I look forward to going back again soon and hopefully staying a little longer next time.

Andy O.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2019

Buffalo Campground, ID--Great Campground

My boy and I headed up to Island Park for Father's Day '19 for a few days of camping and fly fishing. As we first got into the campground, a moose was grubbing on some shrubs. Found our camping spot and no one was around except for a few campers.

Our spot was very spacious and had some cover…

SiteF09
Adam S.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2019

Buffalo

It was clean. Big sites. Plenty of spigots. River close by. Running water in bathrooms. Overall I would use again.

Buffalo (Idaho) is located in Idaho

Directions

From West Yellowstone, Montana, take U.S. Highway 20 south for 26 miles. From Ashton, Idaho: Take U.S. Highway 20 north for 25 miles. The campground entrance is .25 miles north of Ponds Lodge on the east side of the highway.

Coordinates