Nature

4 Reviews

About This Campground

National Forest

Overview

Upper Coffee Pot Campground is located in Island Park, Idaho on a beautiful, floatable stretch of the Henry's Fork of the Snake River at an elevation of 6,300 feet. Visitors love Island Park for its world-class fishing and outstanding scenery and wildlife viewing opportunities.

##…

• 3
Rebeca H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2021

Loved this campground!!

We stayed in one of the sites by the River. Some sites have electric. Ours didn’t but I didn’t mind given the location. It was private and had great views of the River. There is a trail head by our site (site 3) that goes for miles (min elevation gain) along the River. Not to be missed. The…

Month of VisitOctober
Miles G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Camp for free nearby

I have found upper coffeepot to be very crowded. My wife and I found a dispersed primitive spot down the road about 1 mile. From the camping spot there is a trail that takes you down right to Henry's Fork. The spot is pretty secluded but on 1 occasion we got some dirt bikers coming by.

• Follow dirt road to this clearing. We took the dirt road in 2001 pontiac but I would recommend a 4x4 becuase it does get very rough.
Siteprimitive
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

One of our favorites

I’ve been camping at the upper coffee lot campground for years, it’s nice and clean and is right on the river, great campsite to fish or float or you could go for a hike down to the coffee pot rapids

Upper Coffee Pot is located in Idaho

Directions

From West Yellowstone, Montana, take Highway 20 south for 23 miles. From Ashton, Idaho, take Highway 20 north for 32 miles. Turn west onto Forest Road 130 and travel 2 miles to the campground.

Coordinates