Camping in Schlatterville

170 Reviews of 14 Schlatterville, Georgia Campgrounds

Brett D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Always a blast!

Always a blast at Jekyll. Stayed in H6 this time which is an end space and very spacious. Ants, ants and more ants this time around but campground manager sprayed the mounds for us. Can’t wait to come back!

SiteH6
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

This Could Be The Best Campground Ever!

Holy AMAZING campgrounds, folks!  Dyrt - there should really be 6 star ratings for this park to be properly rated!  I don’t think I’ve ever come across anything quite like Crooked River State Park located in SE Georgia – and the more I poked around as I explored the massive grounds of this gem and…

• Come with me as I take you for a minute long ride entering the campground area (for RV'ers)
    Play button icon
  • Look for this sign from the only road leading you north to Crooked River State Park
  • Upon entry, you'll find your well-groomed experience begins here with the Crooked River SP sign underneath a forest of Spanish Moss loaded Cypress trees
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Yearly favorite

GREAT PLACE. I stay here 2 times a year spring and fall. Well kept. Owners are great people that go out of the way to help. Easy Off and on interstate. Nice area. Only down fall was the internet was discontinued. I am a business traveling camper so I need my internet.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Yearly favorite

Kevin S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Great but research and pre-planning required

The reviews are correct you must pre-plan and research i backpacker to Stafford site 6 3.5 miles. The island no longer rents bikes, local vendors can help, but you will need to pay the ferry's fee for a bike. THIS IS PRIMATIVE CAMPING. That said the camps have cold showers, drinking water at sea…

• ferry to island
    Play button icon
  • wild horses next to the bathhouse
SiteStafford 6
m
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Hidden gem

This campground is awesome!! Plenty of shade. Friendly staff & rabbits, full hookups, & spacious sites.

Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Big Wheel In The Sky

Don’t let the dilapidated old white 2-story that greets you upon entry to this RV Park scare you off– once you get passed this rickety building that’s been condemned, the rest of the place is actually pretty dang nice(as far as RV parks go). Once inside the grounds, you’ll be driving on very well…

• Don't let the dilapidated building fool you, look for the Big Wheel RV Park sign and you're golden
  • The small office building that offers ice, firewood and small amount of sundries for sale
  • Here's what a standard pull up area looks like
H
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great Stay!!

Very clean, level sites! Nice Firepit! Friendly rangers. Didn’t rent a cottage but they looked nice! Had 30amp service and it worked flawlessly!

dThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

KOA Kingsland

Friendly and nice store with meals available and free breakfast besides a pool with a slide and waterfall.

Siteb13
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Roadside Camping Playground

Weary-eyed after driving up or down I-95 for countless hours, but don't want the hassle of getting too far off the interstate to find a decent place to rest your weary head ... then look no further!  St. Mary's KOA is just a stone's throw once you get off the highway (just 2 lefts and 1 right and…

• Can't miss this sign!
  • View of the pool and mini golf course from the road
  • The main office where you'll check in
René M.
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Not my kinda place

If we had a lot of activities to do on the island, this campground would be super convenient and practical. The campground itself is too tight for me, like a parking lot with some trees and bushes. Not at all relaxing for me, especially with my six dogs. That said, the amenities are totally…

SiteC19
Charles D.
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Like Camping on your own isl.

Camping on Cumberland island for 8 days is an experience you will never forget. It rained every day while we were there and past clothing not drying it was still an amazing trip. Wild horses running on the beach is something to see. The ruins of an 1800s mansion built by a Carnagie that burned in…

• Ferry to Cumberland
    Play button icon
  • walked gear to campsite.
  • make sure you take shade.
Sitecamp site 1. closest to bathroom and beach.
A
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Tent camping

Best place in 5 states to see stars! There is NO light pollution making it beautiful. Even on a partly cloudy sky the stars were so bright. We did a boat rental into the swamp and did the kayak after hours tour. Both were great, I would recommend any of their tours. We saw lots of gatos while…