About Chattahoochee-Oconee/The Pocket

The Pocket recreation area in northwest Georgia is named for lying in a low area surrounded by the steep ridges of Horn and Mill Mountains, and is the former site of Civilian Conservation Corps Camp F-16.  Families camping here can enjoy the vibrant spring colors of mountain laurel as well as the brilliant fall color mix provided by mixed hardwoods.

National Forest
No Water Hookups
Max Length: 63 ft.
Chattahoochee-Oconee/The Pocket is located in Georgia
Directions
From Atlanta :  take I-75 north to Exit 320 (GA Hwy 136).  Turn left off exit ramp and go west on GA Hwy 136.  Continue for 7 miles.  At stop sign, turn right to stay on GA Hwy 136.  Continue 7 miles to Pocket County Road, turn left and continue 7 more miles to The Pocket campground on the left.
5 Reviews of Chattahoochee-Oconee/The Pocket
Our favorite local spot for a quick get away.

Lots of trails, one in the campground. Wading area for kids. Bathrooms always clean and host always very nice. We try to go during the week, less people. Not super secluded sites, but OK. Pet friendly as long as they are on a leash. Some amazing trails just a short drive away. Highly recommend.

Nice overnight

The Pocket in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. Another beautiful place we've never been before! Nice tent camp spot, not sure I would stay several days but we really enjoyed the weekend. This was our last chance since the camp closes on Nov. 9 this year. The sites along the creek are nice but the rest is well laid out with fire rings, lantern poles and tables. No showers but the restrooms were clean and in good order. Cell service is totally nonexistent in the whole area.

The Pocket

The Pocket,

I thoroughly enjoying camping at the pocket. Although there are not many sites to camp I honestly do love this place. Most of the campsites within walking distance of the creek we can catch the occasional trout! There's a trail that runs the length of the creek so I can try your hand at different spots. Just up the road there are a few good hiking trails I would recommend check out as well. Overall a good time and close to home!

Unique!

The Pocket Recreation Area is a very secluded, Rustic little park. The campground is made up of secluded sites with no electric.

Some are right up near the road others sit back in the woods. The restroom is in the middle of all the sites, no showers.

I picked number six because of direct access to the creek, which my dogs love playing in.

GPS 34.5856. -85.0796

Fun times at pocket

Really had a lovely time. Very easy hiking and the trails are kept up with no signs of litter.