Camping in South Creek

420 Reviews of 45 South Creek, Florida Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Great quiet campground

We stayed at spot 26. It was tucked back and was private with all the trees and for the most part fairly leveled. Cute little fire pit in the back surrounded by trees and grass. The bathrooms were very clean. The maintenance comes around and picks up trash 2-3x a day so it was never smelly or a…

Jeff R.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Great camp site close to our home

Needed a few days off somewhere close to home and kind off in the woods to add up to our beginners level experiences. Wekiva Springs State Park offered all we were looking for.... Deer, Turkey, Turtles and apparently visiting of Black Bears around our camp site. Definitely an amazing time!

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

It's definitely not roomy, but is convenient

We usually enjoy state parks, so this packed in like sardines style is not for us anyway.  Unfortunately, it was the most convenient to what we were here to do.  I am happy we had Passport America, otherwise I would NOT pay the full price for this place.  It's called "resort," but it's far from…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Summer 2021 Christmas RV park

Friendly staff and very attentive Let you pick any available site and will make sure that you are setup ok Next day I received a visit from management to check up on me and to ensure that I was satisfied with the service. I do recommend this camp site to my family and friends.

• beautiful birds and trees
Siteat C-8
Nick C.
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Relaxing Camping w/ Animals

Very nice state park here. The electric camping sites have water hook ups. I don’t have a camper so we just set up tents and luckily the only spot available was a good one. It’s mid June and it’s HOT! Some sites are spacious and private and others you can see more of your neighbors. We had deer…

• dillos
  • Rocco is the camping all star
  • camp is set up
Gregory R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Great spot

I have been a camper here since I was 10 years old.  The upgrades have been great.  My kids & grandkids camp there often.  It's a beautiful campground in the Ocala National forest.

Jacqueline F.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Nice spot close to the beach

Great spot if you are looking for easy access to the beach. We were able to ride our bikes there. The bathrooms and outdoor pool were extremely nice! And we enjoyed the outdoor grill next to the pool. There wasn’t much shade available but we set up our canopy and was able to enjoy it!

Siteb16
Kelly D.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Serenity and Exercise

I love to kayak, hike and road bike here while I enjoy camping and nature! We already booked for next year.

Month of VisitFebruary
Ioan P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Very relaxing

Beautiful place, friendly staff, fair price. You can see the big Cruz Liners from here up close.

John J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Disciplined sites

Generally a high caliper RV park. Closely watched by “Bull” the owner. Orderliness is enforced. Good quality hookups- city water and sewer. Nice little bay on the mosquito coast. Some shrimping, docks, kayaks, piers. Great oyster restaurant down the road: Goodriches”.

Month of VisitApril

Sitetampa
paul D.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Great Park very beautiful

Campsite 30 had the most beautiful sunset awesome area right in front of the dock

tThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

For being free it was amazing

First you have to make an account on their website and make a reservation for the night. You’ll get an email that says what the gate code is and which lock to put the code into. The place is beautiful, picnic tables, fire pits, non-potable water and bathrooms. Although, the bathrooms are not pretty…

• watch out for potholes
Sitewent off site into more secluded area
Matthew D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful Campground Area

Booked a one night stay at the campground in our rooftop tent. It was about .5 miles to the spring but close to restrooms and facilities. Mosquitos were pretty bad in March. We came home with a few in the bed. But what’s expected in Florida haha.

Site#34
Month of VisitApril
Andrew G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Nice Park, Sandy Sites

The park is great. Lots of activities at the spring and it wasn’t TOO crowded. RV sites are extremely sandy so be prepared for everything you own to be filthy.