About Delaware Seashore State Park
Delaware Seashore State Park is located in Delaware
25 Reviews of Delaware Seashore State Park
Love this park

My family loves this campground. I have been going there as a very young child to now as a grandmother. When we think of Delaware we think of this park. The bath houses are clean and we can walk to the beach. My favorite thing is at night when the rt.1 bridge lights up blue. Love that bridge. You are close to rehobeth broadwalk or ocean city. The fishing is great also. I can't say enough about this park. My favorite by far.

Ranger Review: Grand Trunk Hangout Hammock Stand at Delaware Seashore State Park

This state park is quite large and offers a wide variety of amenities for both overnight guests and day use visitors. The park is quite large and right along the Delaware Route 1 corridor connecting multiple beaches. There are facilities on both sides of Route 1 and most of the park is well signed. The Indian River Bay is great for crabbing as long as the current is moving!

There are hundreds of campsites here, literally. Most have hookups and there are a view designated tent sites (although tents can camp at most sites). The facilities/amenities are quite nice but the campground is a parking lot. There's a ton of concrete and little to no shade, not pleasant in mid-summer unless you're camping in an RV running the AC.

Keeping with Delaware State Park regulations, day use visitors are required to pack out all trash but their are dumpsters available for overnight guests. Be advised that there is a two night minimum on weekends and some holidays.

While the staff are friendly and the facilities are nice, I probably won't camp here again in the summer.

Ranger Review: Grand Trunk Hangout Hammock Stand

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time - today I am testing Grand Trunk's Hangout Hammock Stand.

We decided to purchase this to use camping but also in our own background (we don't have any trees at home). So Delaware Seashore State Park was a great place to give it a whirl given the lack of trees at the campground.

First off, this thing is built VERY WELL! It breaks down into 6 pieces and comes with a beefy carrying case. Although the strap on the case is a bit silly as it's too heavy to actually carry over the shoulder with the strap. It goes together and break downs super easy, it literally takes less than 5 minutes to assemble and disassemble. Once it's put together, use the "trunk straps" (included) slap your hammock to the attachment points and relax!

The stand weighs 32 pounds and is finished with a nice black finish. I was a little skeptical of how sturdy it would be once I was swinging in the hammock, but fear not…the stand doesn't budge! Even though it breaks down, it is still quite large when in pieces and might be challenging to transport if you drive a small vehicle with limited space. But if you're headed to a campground with limited to no trees be sure to bring this along!

Beautiful Views

The facilities at the campground are top-notch. The sites, while close together, are generous in size. The state park employees are very helpful and friendly. The only downside is that the beach bathrooms are, well, beach bathrooms.

Great site

The campsite is great, and very close to the beach. The amenities are pretty solid overall, which is nice too.

I love this area in general, and had come here plenty of times before actually camping at this site. The beach is fun, and there are plenty of places to explore all around the park.

Great location

I thought being in the middle of the Rehobeth to Ocean City corridor would mean traffic issues, but it was great. We were able to make day trips to both locations easily. The best part was the proximity to the beach, a short walk underneath the bridge. The camp store clerk was very friendly. At night, they light the bridge up in blue. Which is really cool to see. For the number of sites, I think there are too few bath houses…we didn't have an issue, but I could see lines forming if the time is right. The downside, is how close camping sites are to each other, if you are taking a break from everything else. Very limited room to set up outdoor cooking or a play area for the kids. We will definitely be coming back