The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Garden City , COLORADO

Most Recent Garden City Camping Reviews
Boulder County fairgrounds

closed in winter but a cool place to camp with water and electric hook ups in the summer time

Endless dirt roads to explore

Great little campground up the Poudre. My kids, my lab and I took in a show from the late, great Justin Townes Earle at the Mishiwaka and needed a place to crash for the weekend. Found this gem a number of miles up the road and were really pleased. We had a moose and her baby visit our camper first thing the next morning. We were able to get on bikes and explore the endless dirt roads that spoke off in all directions. Little creeks abound.

Leave no trace.

It's ok

Neat idea behind the campground. Was VERY dirty- trash all over the place. Did get a good walk around the campground. Staff was nice, area was nice. Sites are tight and again, very trashy.

LOVED IT!

We went here with our 2 little girls ages 4 and 1. The views were stunning and everything was super clean. The owners told us great recommendations on where to eat and what to see. Great trails right there at the campground! Our site would have been amazing if the playground was there but they were redoing it since everything with COVID it seemed like the best time to do it! Which is fine..just means we get to come back!! We saw tons of elk and visit the Rocky Mountain national park everyday since its about 5 minutes away! REALLY enjoyed staying here!!

Pretty but nothing special

The reservoir is pretty and visible from most sites, and the facilities are well maintained. That said, the site is on a road, near homes, and does not offer much privacy between sites.

Beautiful views, quiet neighbors and wildlife a plenty.

Ive stayed at camp dick twice now and it was lovely both times. The bathrooms are very clean.

My new favorite

Camped here for 2 nights Oct 10/11 and loved it!! We stayed at B18. This was by far the quietest campground I have ever stayed at! The pit toilets were clean. The bear boxes were very large and clean. We only saw the rangers twice as they were driving by. Most people left on Sunday morning, probably because the snow and wind were moving in. We stayed. The wind gusts must have been close to 60mph! I live locally and am so happy I found this area..so much history to explore here!

Good campsites with good views

Little pricier than I wanted, with a $9 vehicle fee and $30 camping fee, but comes with vault toilets, fire pit, and room for our two tents. Definitely had good views of the Aspens changing colors

A Great stay

Lots of good things to say about this place: Friendly, helpful staff and hosts, clean bathrooms in good shape, variety of sites to suit your needs (not a good place for large fifth wheels, it would be hard to maneuver into the sites), close proximity to Estes Park and RMNP. We travel in a van and had e/w hookup and there is a dump station to make a deposit on the way out. Only negative,  it not really a problem, is the narrow dirt road that was very rutted in places, so be careful. The sites are all different in terms of size and environment. We were in site A31, which was very spacious, gravel pad, but had a bit of a slope so we had to employ our leveling blocks to jack up one end. We would definitely stay here again if in the area. Just beware that there is no WiFi and cell reception is little to nothing.

Great spot close to RMNP

We stayed three nights in the Bobcat loop (site 22) and really enjoyed it. The road in is a bit narrow so if you have a trailer/RV over 30-35 feet, it’ll be tight. With that being said, I pulled my 30 foot trailer with no problems…. just go slow 😊. Views are great, bathrooms are clean. Water and dump available at the entrance to the campground. Each campsite has a fire ring (fire ban while we were there), table and bear box.