Standard (Tent/RV)
No WiFi
RVs and Trailers
Pinnacles National Park Pinnacles Campground is located in California
14 Reviews of Pinnacles National Park Pinnacles Campground
So close yet seems so remote!

Basically no one there when we stayed. Some excellent hikes and good climbing if you're into that.

What a great National park!

This is only my 5th National park and was beautiful. Lots of wildlife visitor's. The Park is also home to the California Condor. Bummer that we didn't see any. RV spots have electric plug in. We stayed in a 30 amp spot.

Incredible!!

Absolutely beautiful park!! We stayed at the beginning of the pandemic and only people with campground reservations were allowed in the park. This made it really peaceful and we only saw a couple other people on the trails.

Underrated

Saw a lot of deer, birds and raccoons in the campground which is pretty cool!! Pinnacles is super underrated and out in the middle of nowhere, the campground was clean and not too busy. Kind of a far walk to the bathrooms, but you can’t have everything haha. Definitely would stay here again! If you visit you have to hike the steep and narrow section of the high peaks trail! Freaking amazing view and LOTS of condors up there! Also the raccoons were sneaking around the campsite as soon as the sun went down! They definitely do not fear humans like they do out in San Diego! Haha. Overall great experience! Be sure to have enough gas! If you’re coming from the south, it’s about 70 miles from the nearest gas station to the park (one way), great views along CA25!!

Good for hikers

Visited in June and thankfully wasn’t too hot. Definitely lucked out with a site with shade.

Ballsiest raccoons I’ve met while camping.

Really good spot from which to explore the park - be ready to walk if the main road is shut down due to covid.

Nice, quiet campgrounds

I visited in June 2019 and arrived early Saturday morning with no reservations. We were able to get a walk-in camping spot right next to the creek. The spot was pretty and was not too busy. You are able to walk to the shop to take a bus to the hiking trails or use the campground pool when it’s hot out.

Glad we went

I loved this place. Campsites are secluded. Lots of areas for biking. Beware of the raccoons. They came out as soon as the lights went out. They were neat to watch. Lots and lots of quail. We even saw some coyotes. Loved hiking on the trails. There is a store close by.

Surrounded by oaks & trails close by

Lots of large oaks provide shade for the tent & RV sites. The bathrooms are clean and old but clean. The showers are coin-operated and need updating. Loved that there were many trails attached to the campground - no need to drive into the NP when you could walk there.  Camp store is well supplied with food & camping items. Lots of quail and turkey vultures roam free near the campground. I will definitely take my family back. No ATT service, but wi-fi is available for a minimal purchase

Spacious camping spots with clean flushable toilets

I did my very first camping at Pinnacles campground and it was a great first time experience. Easy access to fresh water, flushable toilets and beautiful hiking trails in walking distance. There's even a swimming pool but it's closed during COVID-19. I would definitely camp here again.

A family friendly camp

This campground is right outside of the park, near the visitor center. It’s a convenient campground with plenty of restrooms and they are well maintained. The site we camped at was very spacious (site 3). Its a very family friendly campground, many kids riding their bikes around. From the campground it’s an easy hike into pinnacles, or they have a shuttle that takes you right to the trails. The general store is next to the visitor center so it’s also walking distance for firewood and such. We hiked condor trail which was pretty killer seeing the condors up there. It gets pretty warm out here so definitely plan ahead and go during good weather time. We last minute booked our site for mid May and it actually wasn’t that hot.(low 80s during the day) The hikes are really cool, my favorite hike is bear gulch reservoir through the bear gulch caves trail!