We've stayed in Angeles National Forest a few times and I would really recommend staying out of the area during August and September; Spring is beautiful though.
- The scenery is gorgeous. The tall pines we all love.
- There is a ton of hiking near by and lots to do.
- Dog friendly.
- Perfect temperatures in spring and early summer.
- Water on site.
- Abundant Wildlife coming through camp.
- Don't fish the local pond, Jackson Lake. It's full of litter & the fish looked unhealthy.
- Right on the highway (but it's not highly traveled at night).
- You do have to drive to hike.
- Extremely hot in August & September.
- Abundant Wildlife coming through camp. This has included bears sniffing out tent in the middle of the night & coyotes coming through… Personally I think it's awesome, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.