Camping in Greenwood

Recent Group Sites Reviews Near Greenwood, California

436 Reviews of 112 Greenwood, California Campgrounds

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

VERY well-maintained family campground, with sometching for everyone!

More family oriented than “upscale,” what struck me was even though it maintains a substantial trout fishery, the surface tempin early June was z74 — PERFECT for swimming, tubing, etc.

Although the lake level is sadly representative of CA drought conditions, fishing was good. We caught 7 rainbows…

• North view
  • Caught on BrightRed PowerBait.
  • E view
R
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

It was just ok..

First time there and we reserved a spot, site 21 and the door of our camper wasn’t facing our camp. I noticed a few sites like that. It’s pretty tight spaces and not a lot of privacy. We ended up moving to site 4, had more room and our door was facing our camp :)

Sitesite 4
sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Beautiful Location Close To Lake Tahoe

My daughter and I are camping in an Aliner travel trailer and are on a 3 week trip from NV to OR. This was one of our primary stops along the way.

The campground is in a beautiful setting, easy to get to, and right off the Highway. The other reviews that say it is noisy are correct, but we…

• Lake Forest Beach- Tahoe City
  • Lake Forest Beach- Tahoe City
  • Site 55
s

Best

It was a wonderful birthday camping with my family and I just loved it. Staff a very friendly and our site was just a walking distance to the bathrooms.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Beautiful, quiet, family-friendly but … mosquitos!

We were so thrilled to find this clean, family-friendly resort with its own (warm!) little lake in the high sierras. To top it off, everyone here appears to be very friendly and generous (loaning our group their inflatables).

But our group’s collective joy was short lived after we were beseeched…

Sonya T.

Awesome staff

Everyone was so nice and very helpful

SiteTent
Month of VisitOctober
Outdoordude D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Go to spot

Being close to home doesn't hurt. Love going during the week. Less crowded that way. Good fishing. When the water is up, my favorite spot is 396. I can kayak right from camp.

• Feeling like I had the campground to myself.
Month of VisitMarch
Char P.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Looked it over and canceled

Stayed at Prosser Campground for 4 nights and couldn’t get 4 more reserved. Granite Flats had availability so we reserved our site online. Drove over to check it out and canceled. No way our 30’ travel trailer would fit in the site and super close to another site. Charged $18 cancellation fee for a…

Sitesite 22 but didn’t stay - canceled due to size
I
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Only good for boating

Schoolhouse campground is on Bullard’s Bar Reservoir. The reservoir is gorgeous to look out at but the bank all the way around is very steep. From the campground there is no easy access to the water. We were looking forward to spending some time in the water but learned that we could only do that…

• Bullard’s Bar Reservoir from a campsite trail
  • Campsite #21
David B.The Dyrt PRO User

Nice but crowded

The area is nice, it is not near the lake but the lake is only a small drive away. The place is crowded and they pack you in here, but our site (113) was a nice place in the corner. There are much better sites with more room near the dog park if you are looking for more space.

Beautiful location

You could ask for a better place to camp with having to backpack in. Site are separated with scrubs to provide a secluded feeling.

Small store to prevent a long drive if you forget something.

Excellent site

Great location, used but respectful campers. Location can’t be beat.

Nice but Crowed

This is not my usual type of campground. When we bought our RV, we had a free trial membership offer Andy here we are.

This is a private campground tine share system. We actually decided to buy in because of some of the services the offer. Locations also meet our meet.

Jason S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Beautiful location

The site is gorgeous and so close to the Lake. The only thing keeping this from 5 stars is the fact that it gets very busy, even with limited access during COVID, try to go during the week.

M
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Great Family Campground

Well maintained campgrounds, level and plenty of space for our 35 ft trailer and truck. Close to the water and trails. Overall very nice and will definitely return.