Standard (Tent/RV)
About Blanchard Springs Campgrounds

Seventeen individual campsites and two group sites available.  Water available.  Sewage dump station available.  Sites suitable for smaller RV's and tents.  No electricity or other hook ups.

Blanchard Springs Recreation Area Guide

No 50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 25 ft.
Blanchard Springs Campgrounds is located in Arkansas
Directions
From Mountain View, take Highway 5-9-14 north for 5 miles to Allison. At Allison, take Highway 14 west for 8 miles toward the town of Fifty Six. Turn right at the Blanchard Springs Recreation Area sign. Be sure to bring a map, GPS directions have led many visitors off-course.
20 Reviews of Blanchard Springs Campgrounds
Family Favorite

Blanchard Springs has great camp sites, great hiking, multiple access to swim/wade into water, plus great caving opportunities! There is NO cell service in the park.

The back camping area has a great swimming hole, beach and shaded hiking. Some enjoy jumping off the rocks/cliff, but I would not recommend it. RV sites with water and electric and full bathrooms/showers.

The upper camping area has RV sites, bathrooms, tent sites and group sites. The Rangers and very helpful and informative. There is also parking for backcountry camping/hiking. The main trail connects to a network of trails over fifty miles long. There is also a pound with a dam and old mill structure.

There are guided cave Tours with paved walkways and elevators, plus more rugged off-trail caving tours as well. The visitor center is very informative and has a small gift shop.

We come here year round for swimming in the summer, hiking in the fall and spring, and caving in the winter.

Cool Sites-Ok Camping

I completed my undergrad and graduate degrees in Arkansas about 30ish miles north of Little Rock. While living in Arkansas, my brother and I traveled all over the state, including a visit to the Blanchard Springs Caverns and recreation area. Hiking through the caverns and around the recreation area is phenomenal. The caverns make you feel like you’re looking at something made my aliens. It’s really pretty amazing. It’s also enormous inside the cave. For us, it was a day trip excursion. However, we did explore all around the recreation and campground area. I’ve camped all over Arkansas and what I’d say is that this is probably a great place for primitive tent camping and/or backpack/hammock camping. I have three small boys and it wouldn’t be my first choice for a family camping trip, albeit very very cool. The campground is small, maybe 30 or so spots and heavily wooded. The terrain isn’t conducive to kids unless you’re ok constantly being concerned about injuries. There are lots of cool swimming holes, moving water and falls nearby with it’s close proximity to Mirror Lake and Sugar Loaf Mt. definitely worth a trip if you’re close by, but not something I’d make a multi-hour trip for. Also wouldn’t stay there more than maybe two nights. I’d say if you’re camping somewhere relatively close, work in a day trip to Blanchard Springs. If you are like me and have kids, and you’d have to travel anything beyond an hour or two to get there, it’s not worth it. There are too many beautiful places in AR and you’d probably drive by more than one of them to get to Blanchard Springs. I’m giving it 3 stars for that reason alone. If I were rating based solely on the sites, activities, etc. I’d give it 5.

Very very nice place

I love it.☺️🤘

The Caverns tour(s) should be on your bucket list

Nice facilities with 3 campground loops, gravel bottom creek (Sylamore Creek) swim area, small spring fed lake stocked with rainbow trout, but the big draw is the Blanchard Springs Caverns tours. Outstanding! Great place for all ages. If it fills up in peak season, head 6 mi upstream to Sylamore Creek campground.

Hiking. fishing, swimming

It is close to a gr

Blanchard Springs is great

It's a beautiful area. The woods, the hills, the bluffs, the river..and the Cavern is amazing. It is well worth the tour.

Clean bathrooms, clean park. Beautiful scenery. Lots to do.

There are limited camping spots. It’s best to go up by at least Thursday. No reservations. Honor system, old school, ticket drop pay. $10 a night. The people at the visitors center are excellent. Very kind and very helpful. And the cavern tour is amazing! Definitely worth it.

Way out there..

Went for a week, so quiet, way out there. Cavern Tours are very cool! Keep food stuffs put away. Bring Bug spray…Lots

Day trip

My friend and I took a day trip and come to see the falls . We walked around and took pictures and enjoyed our self's . This was a much needed day out !