the dyrt
KoA
Seligman / Route 66 KOA is located in Arizona
3 Reviews of Seligman / Route 66 KOA
Wrong place to stay.

As a KOA this one is at the bottom of my list. I don’t mind the trains, kind of nice to see them. I do however mind that they don’t offer a cable hookup of any kind. Especially in a location that has zero channels to pick up using my antenna. It’s 2018, how hard is it install a satellite and offer the campers something to hook up to.

Nice place

There were no trees. One side was a train that came by every 15 minutes (wasn’t really that noisy) the other side was a highway. There is a pool and decent bathrooms and showers. The lady at the front desk was so great. I wish I would have gotten her name. She was very helpful. When you stay you get a cute little keychain that says “I survived a night of 1000 trains”. Half of the tent sites didn’t have fire rings. And there were not really parking spaces. There are a lot of negative things in this review but we really enjoyed our stay.

Best priced KOA around

This KOA is a few minutes drive into famous Seligman, AZ which was the town on route 66 that inspired the Disney Movie CARS, and you can see that everywhere in the town. The town has lot's of tourist type shopping, great places to eat like Roadkill Cafe, and west side Lido's, as well as a neat Thrift store, I always visit. There's not much in the area, but a 20 minute drive west on route 66 will get you to the Grand Canyon Caverns, my review of their campground can be found on the Dyrt site.

This KOA we tent camped at, our site was on a grassy area, with gravel car parking for one car. We had an electrical outlet but didn't use it. The site was well shaded with trees and had a fire ring, about a 2 minute walk to the restrooms and showers. on site they have a store and a pool. It's a small KOA but to camp with our tent was under $25 a night. We happened to camp during monsoon season and had some very awesome lighting storms from far away to watch..

We plan to camp here again, the owners were vert helpful and super friendly, the only issues was a train run all night pretty close to the campground, but I found the noise very calming and there were a lot of bugs in the restroom at night, but again it's camping, so I understood.