White Plains , ALABAMA

Most Recent White Plains Camping Reviews
Great Walk Up Tent Sites

Really gorgeous park. Has a great 5 mile trail that is basically no elevation besides some small hills, that is right on the river. Even on hot days you catch a cool breeze off the river making it a nice, easy hike. Massive observation tower is very cool. Facilities are always clean and staff has always been friendly. Office does sell firewood and some gifts.

Quiet and Peaceful

I stayed here 10-7-20 as a quick hike in, camp, hike out trip. I live fairly close. The site was close to the creek and had a fire ring. It’s farther off the trail so you have to be looking for it. The previous review led me there. It’s quiet and peaceful. Plenty of room for hammocks or tents.

Very Clean and Pleasant

This was a very clean park with paved loop and sites. It had nice grassy areas and swing set and bike and walking trails. Full hook ups are available. Campground host wasn't very friendly and seemed annoyed we did not have a reservation even though there were plenty of sites open.

Good cell reception with AT&T and Verizon.

Large secluded site

As I noted in several of my other reviews check out my review of the Sipsey falls campground for a comprehensive account of my favorite hiking and camping in the area.

This campsite in particular is located on a small ridge after passing the Sipsey falls area. It is fairly large with two established firepits and multiple cleared areas for tents. It also has plenty of trees for setting up hammocks. I like this site in particular since it is one of the less crowded spots. I only give it 4 stars however since if available some of the best sites are right next to Sipsey falls a little further along where you have access to water for pumping and swimming when the weather is right.

As always make sure to leave no trace and make the site cleaner than when you found it.

Parking Lot Site

Check out my other reviews of this trail to get a better picture of the backpacking options in the area. Talladega national forest has some amazing trails and campsites available.

This particular site is located a short way into the woods from the parking area for the Chinnabee silent trailhead and not far from the Turnipseed campground. It is at the intersection of two trails leading down from the main road. It could work for several tents in the dry season but we somewhat waterlogged when we were there in the spring. Not the worst last-minute place to set up camp but there are much better sites further along the trail.

Excellent tent camping

I love the separate tent & RV campsites. The tent sites are decent size and there is some wooded space between each one so it felt quiet and semi-private. The only downfall was that we had to move a lot of golfball-size rocks out of the way to set up our tent, and we inevitably missed a few, but otherwise it was great! The bathrooms were pretty clean and there is even a laundry facility. The tent sites have electricity, too. My kids enjoyed biking around the camping loop and we did some geocaching. For the price ($15/night), this is a pretty great place to camp.

Beautiful views

Nice campground with full hookups. Short hikes to fantastic views. Also a pool and playground. Top of my list to visit again.

Not much but the River

Chattahoochee Bend State Park is located on bend of the Chattahoochee River southeast of Atlanta, near Columbus GA. This is one of Georgia’s largest and newest state parks, with five miles of river frontage on the Chattahoochee. The campground has about 40 sites, some pull-they, but little shade. There are also some walk-in tent sites, and platform sites. The standard sites are water & electric, there is a bathroom/shower, and a dump station. There are cabins if you are not a camper. This is mostly a fishing/hiking park. A boat ramp provides access to the river for boaters and canoeing and there are six miles of wooded trails are open for hiking. There is an observation platform with views of the river and forest, but visibility was limited because of the trees. There isn’t much here but the river trail. But it is close to Columbus, GA, there are some zip-line places near by, and Roosevelt’s Little White House are close.

Great Primitive Sites

Great little spots for tents! Smooth surfaces, very shady, and clean low maintenance bathroom.

I love this place

Quiet and serene. I love this campsite.