Camping in Waterhouse

353 Reviews of 19 Waterhouse, Alabama Campgrounds

c
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Nice campground, fabulous park

We really enjoyed our visit to Cloudland Canyon State Park. We camped in the East Rim campground. As others have noted, many of the campsites are close together, but the sites are actually quite large. They have gravel bases edged with railroad ties. The campground is pretty spread out, with lots…

Site71 East Rim
Daniel S.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Amazing views and waterfalls

Great place. Amazing overlooks and some of the most beautiful waterfalls you will find. We stayed at site 27 which was one of the nicest. Restrooms are dated but welcome center / store is super nice. We would love to visit again.

J B.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nice shady camping in the woods

Most of the spots are distanced a good ways from other sites. They are a little close to the paved path for my taste though. Plenty of restrooms. Fairly clean and quiet park.

Daniel S.
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family Fun and so close to so much

Our site (33) was very nice. Far warning look into what you book as they all aren’t the same. Admittedly I am more of a state park person but my kids had a blast at this KOA. great staff and service. Great location can be at look out mountain or downtown Chattanooga in about 25 minutes. WiFi was…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Small But Peaceful

We are staying for Memorial Day weekend. It’s our first time here and it’s really not that bad! Easier to navigate in my opinion that others say. Staff is really nice and welcoming. The sites are a little tighter than most places. Especially in the RV section. We are tent camping and have plenty of…

SiteF12
Rachel M.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Sold Out

We arrived at this campground without a reservation and it was full.

B
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Very spacious camp spots.

We had a good time on our weekend trip. Place had a pool and 2 playgrounds. Great for kids.

Blair M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Beautiful Views

We stayed one night as a half way point on a long drive, and I am so glad that we did.  Cloudland Canyon is BEAUTIFUL.  We stayed in the West Rim campground.  The spaces are close together, but it is quiet and shaded.  In the morning we hiked a bit and went to the overlook for the most gorgeous…

• Canyon Views!
  • Creek on the road between West Rim Campground and the visitor center (seen on my quick morning run).
  • Main Overlook
SiteWest Rim Site 63
Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Beautiful Campground

I just stayed one night in May, but the entire area is beautiful. I saw lots of deer and squirrels. The facility was undergoing renovations, so the restroom facility near my campsite was closed. There were plenty more within walking distance. I would definitely recommend

Site42 (tent)
T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Nice weekend trip

I took my 6 and 8 year old girls, tent camped 2 nights. We had a great trip. This is a great place for kids to hike/climb/ explore. My kids are accustomed to 6+ hrs in the heat everyday, so it wasn’t an issue. Nice and cool/breezy at night this time of year. The park has a close bathhouse with…

Sitethe sites are not labeled
Tausha M.
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Good family vacation

It was a good camping trip and the camp grounds were really nice and clean

F
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Simple, clean, convenient

Lots of open space, trees, by a river. Clean bath house with hot showers. Right on Chief Ladiga Rail trail about 6 miles west of AL/GA border. We road east, will come back to ride west segment. Dark at night for star gazing. Friendly folks.

Siten/a
Diana H.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Nice view

Camp site was easy to pull in , picnic table was on one side and fire ring was on the other, which once you settle down, the view was nice. Two site over, neighbors were loud but the neighbors on the other side were quite.

Brandon M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Sawmill Campground - Pigeon Mountain

Great FREE site near plenty of hiking trails, world class rock climbing, etc.

I discovered more secluded camp sites more suitable for the seclusion I seek when camping.

• Boondock Ready