Yurts
Hike In
Cape Disappointment State Park is located in Washington
38 Reviews of Cape Disappointment State Park
Great Mix, Access

Well set up, everything easy to get to and with something for all. Great beach off the Pacific, a bit of a wild/windy/fresh air to it, and a fun community feel. We slept really well. One of the other circles/groupings had a campsite that was really loud, however, loud music, but ya gotta use your diplomacy skills out there sometimes to get your neighbors to quiet down. While popular, this is a beloved park at the end of a scenic drive, with lots of cool, out-of-the-way towns, good hikes and gorgeous water access nearby.

Coastal Delight

I was expecting large crowds and an unpleasant experience but didn’t get either when I visited. I went on Black Friday in November and the park was minimally crowded. I camped by the lake to stay protected from the howling wind coming in from the water. There are two different camping areas. By the lake or by the ocean. The ocean side is more expensive and you camp in circle loops. The lake side is cheaper but doesn’t have electric. Both sites have tables and fire rings. The bathrooms were nice enough, being built within the past 10 years and are standard flush toilets and concrete construction. There are two light houses to explore and a WW2 bunker in the park. I would return to explore more in the off-season. The sites are very very close together in my opinion so it wouldn’t be ideal for me when it is packed.

Quick hike = secluded beach

Short hike to the secluded beach spot

Cape disappointment

Third time this month stayed in yurt 61 and 71 both awesome super close to the beach. Then stayed at campsite 117 also super close to the beach no electric in that loop though.

Ryan's thoughts

Company campout weekend went wonderfully everybody brought something for the potluck lot of trails Great Beach wish we had more time, definitely going back

Beautiful but crowded.

Cape Disappointment is an absolutely amazing state park and campground, the only downside is it is extremely busy. We've camped here a few times as a family and love the access to the beach and hikes to the lighthouse. We plan to give it a try again in the fall, hoping it won't be as busy.

Sandy beaches, enclosed in trees

Wow, what a beautiful place! Walk to the beach to find treasures and sit to relax and just watch the waves. Very peaceful, and my teens loved it!

Beautiful Open beach without the crowds

We were lucky enough to sneak another trip into this location before the summer ended…. okay maybe it was tipping into fall but the weather was still nice!

This is one of the few locations that you can feel like you have an expansive beach to yourself.

We love it because it gives our dogs room to run and we love to hike and bike in the area.

Should have been so much better.

Beautiful space, amazing views, beautiful beaches, fun hikes. But the camp sites are right on top of each other, and the beaches were so unbelievably windy we got sand everywhere. They were unbearable and we didn't stay on the beaches long at all, which was a serious bummer.

Great!

Love this place! The campgrounds are awesome and spacious! The bathrooms are close by, and always cleaned! Access to the beach is right there. There are a bunch of trails to go too! It's a perfect family spot :)