Yurts
Utility Company
Alder Lake - Tacoma Power is located in Washington
19 Reviews of Alder Lake - Tacoma Power
Easy getaway from Tacoma

Alder Lake is a quick getaway from the city, about an hour twenty south on the 7. Alder Lake is surrounded by 4 year round campgrounds and many day use facilities. There are multiple camp sites for tents and RV hook ups.

Each site has a fire grate and picnic tables. There are water spickets throughout the park making water collection easy. The bathrooms are flushing and there are coin operated showers.

Alder lake is a great spot for both swim play and boating. The lake has a blocked off no wake area for those that wish to have swim fun and the rest of the lake is for small motorized water craft.

Beautiful campground

We stayed 2 nights here and have 2 boys, ages, 11 & 8. Our site was site #38 and was perfect for our 24 foot RV. It was flat and easy to get into. Our boys had the best time here, exploring on their bikes and roller blades and made some friends. We went down to the public area to swim every day and had a blast. Beautiful clean and clear water and the lake wasn't too low. This place is on the top of my list for returning next year.

Short escape

Went with the parents for an over night getaway

Awesome Spot

Perfect spot to camp or swim for the day!

Great campground close to it all!

We stayed here because we wanted to be close to Northwest Trek and Mt. Rainer. Excellent location to do both! However there's enough scenery and wildlife to enjoy yourself just at Alder lake. The park is large with a play ground and beach area. My kids enjoyed playing in the sand and watching deer from our campsite. I esp ially liked how the sites were layed out in the trees on the side of a hill. Lots of privacy even when crowded.

Alder Lake

My family and I have been going to this campground for 14 years. It is close to home (great for a quick get away), the Rangers are just awesome, the grounds are clean, and are patrolled intermittently adding to nighttime safety. The facilities are clean and we'll kept. All in all, we might travel around a bit year to year, but we will always return to this park to stay at least once a year.

Well kept grounds.

We took our youth group on their first camping trip a few weeks ago. I rained a tad, but the kids loved it! I was very impressed with the upkeep of the camp ground. Very clean. The trash got picked up by the Rangers at least once a day, even more on the Saturday. The bath rooms were clean and had warm shower s. They were also very dog friendly, they had a pet post outside the bathrooms and poop bags available. Even though the water level of the lake is extremely low, it did not stop us from boating swimming and kayaking!

fun!

Any where near the water is a great place to camp! This place is awesome for boating, kayaking and canoeing, and the fishing is always great! I love going here

Family-friendly campground near Rainier

I've stayed at this place twice, once as a base camp for a Rainier trip, and another as a weekend getaway. It's about an hours drive from Paradise, which makes it less ideal than Cougar Rock if that's your destination, but the reservations do not fill up nearly as quickly.

The facilities here are great, water taps throughout the grounds, and clean bathrooms with showers nearby. Many campsites are not adjacent to the parking but there are wagons to use to ferry your gear. Make sure you check the reservation website because there are extensive descriptions of every campsite and drone photos. In particular, on my last trip I didn't think much of where it said that the tent pad had an extreme slope, which turned out to be pretty uncomfortable to sleep through…

There are tons of families here, depending on whether you have kids, the family-friendliness may be a feature or a bug. The campsite is pretty loud until around 10 when the kids go to sleep. The campsites are also pretty close together which doesn't help, but this is again something you can look for when choosing a site. We chose a site further from the parking lot, and the nearby sites had less kids than the ones right on it.