Camping in Hickory Run

Recent Yurts Reviews Near Hickory Run, Virginia

100 Reviews of 11 Hickory Run, Virginia Campgrounds

Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Good home base for exploring DC

We stayed on the big loop on site 48. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything on ReserveAmerica specifying the water situation, so when we arrived we found that we didn’t have water hook up. I’m attaching a photo of the color map I got at checkout which specifies which sites have water.

Bath house…

Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Perfect quick getaway

For tent camping I would suggests sites 30,33 or 35 these are tucked along the tree line. The bathroom facilities were the cleanest I have seen in a campground. Quiet time was observed and there are plenty of nice trails around for hiking and biking

Yvonne B.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Clean, nice, our go to campground

When we want to go somewhere and not think about where, we go to Pohick.

Stay on the electric loop for better bathrooms.

Some sites are big and beautiful (56!) and others you'll barely have room for your tent. Stick to the outer loops and you should be fine.

Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Nice campground, Busy lake

Campground is beautiful nestled in the hills of Catoctin Mountain. Only 30 minutes north of Frederick. There is a lot of beautiful trails in the area and a man-made lake with two swimming area beaches. The last couple years they have had issues with Alge and have low lake levels. Good for kayaking…

R
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

CAMPSITE BAD

I WENT THERE AND IT WAS A DOO DOO EXPERIENCE THE SITES ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER THERE WAS NO TABLE I HAD TO GET A RANGER TO BRING ME TABLE THEY SAID NO BEER SO I HAD TO HIDE BEER UNDER TABLE I WOULDNT HAVE HAD A PLACE TO HIDE MY BEER IF THE RANGER DIDNT BRING ME A NEW TABLE THE SHOWERS WERE COLD THE…

• THE FIRE THAT CONSUMED MY FREAKING HOTDOGS
N
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great place

It’s a great place for family and kids right on the river great for fishing and vary easy to get to just get on the trail and walk you will see it what I loved the most is they had water and a bathroom definitely recommend going

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Good site for easy camping

My friends were first time campers, so I brought them here. It was perfect. Easily accessible bathrooms and showers, fire ring with a rack, and nice greenery. The plethora of activities made it simple to keep my friends entertained. You can rent kayaks, go mini golf, and there are a couple very…

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

This place is awesome!

I love this campground. It’s big, yet spread out, sites are really well kept and level (gravel). Many are shaded with trees, beautiful pool, laundry, showers, super kind store workers. Gated entry with live person working to greet you. Shuttle bus to take you to metro. We will be back!

singinajf@aol.com The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

Nice place

Little Bennett has spacious RV and tent sites as well as cabins and yurts. It's very clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking within the park and many activities for kids. We were very impressed by their covid safety. Will be back!

• D58
  • D58 Continued
SiteD58
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Buen lugar para acampar una noche.

Es un lugar muy organizado y limpio, tiene todos los servicios en orden. Personalmente prefiero lugares mas silvestres, pero es un buen lugar para 1 noche.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

• right after fire ban
Jason F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2021

First time excellence

As a first timer, I wanted to show my girlfriend a good time for her birthday weekend. This park had everything you could want while maintaining a good distance from civilization, which was a smooth transition for me. The staff and campers were great and we even got to see the cub scouts doing a…

SiteLot 29
MickandKarla W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2021

Impressive Campground

Cherry Hill Park was easy to find and get to basically right off I-95. This was our first time RVing into the WA DC area and we were concerned about traffic getting to the campground(CG). As we arrived, traffic was heavy on I-95 but manageable. Cherry Hill’s and our RV GPS directions were spot on…

• Site 93 with patio, rot iron table and chairs, fire pit, and stand up bbq.
  • Site 93 utilities side.
  • Roof view from site 93 to site 97, which is one of the most spacious in the park if you are a decent backer.
Month of VisitApril
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2021

Surprisingly nice

Surprisingly nice campground in a city. Lots of things for kids to do and access to bike trails outside of the complex.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2020

Nice quiet clean campground 30-40m from DC

Stayed here for 2w while visiting friends in Alexandria. Took me 25-30m to get there so you are far away from bustle of city but not so far that going in to enjoy breakfast or the sights is a feat. Nice and quiet here during winter more so during week than weekends.