Clarendon Springs , VERMONT

Most Recent Clarendon Springs Camping Reviews
Decent Stop over spot for visiting Killington

This dispersed camping area is down Upper Michigan Road in Pittsfield Vermont. Drive through the residential neighborhood until you hit a dirt road and see National Forest signs.

This area is open for camping year-round but probably only accessible in Spring through early Fall because the dirt road is not plowed. Beware that in Spring the road gets muddy and quite rutted, I would not recommend driving down there with a car that is low to the ground.

I liked this camping area for it's accessibility to Killington, VT and it was of course free! We camped near the beginning of the road but would recommend driving down if you can because you can camp next to the river after you cross the bridge.  The area is big enough to bring an RV if you can get it down the dirt road. It is frequently camped in so fire rings exist. As with many free campsites, there was some trash (please practice LNT fellow campers!!!).

All in all great stop-over spot but not really a destination.

secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

Northern Forest Canoe Trail

This is only accessible by paddling the Missisquoi River. It is a very scenic spot and I have always found wood readily available. A small trail from the river leads to a bluff where there is a picnic table, fire ring and compsting toilet. There is plenty of room for several tents and hammock.

An awesome site

This is one of several sites found on Forestry Rd 55. The site we found is visible from the road but is best accessible with a 4x4 as it has a rocky entrance and can be muddy during heavy rains or spring thaw. We loved being on Clark Brook. The sites and sounds were soothing.

October 20

Tented here for long weekend… no wireless really, which disappointed. Few flat, even spots but we liked #136. Office staff seemed disinterested in helping for some reason. They had kayak and canoe rentals available. However, check the plug at the rear of the kayak!! Annoying shots fired randomly every morning from a nearby group of hunters (?). Showers were awesome!!! Campground is very dog friendly.

Awesome sites!!

Was able to snag a spot without a reservation. I’d probably recommend reserving a spot if it’s the main season but I went in September and had an easy time grabbing a site. Cheap sites and beautiful forest, really close to the Brook too!

Nice campground on the lake

Nice campground, lots of amenities. Sites a little tight and some stuff a little tired/dated but overall nice place, friendly staff with lots of things to do and see in the area. No cell coverage and poor wi-fi if that is important. Access to far end of Lake Bomoseen with boat rental and dock space but area pretty overgrown with lake weeds.