About Comb Wash Campground
Bureau of Land Management
Comb Wash Campground is located in Utah
4 Reviews of Comb Wash Campground
Rugged but beautiful

Stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed it. It got very windy in the late afternoon and there isn’t a whole lot of shade during the day but it was worth it. Our site had a fire ring and a small panel of petroglyphs. We hiked in the fish canyon area and had a great time.

Quick stop

Making my away around the four corner states, needed a quick spot to pull over for the night. There’s nice secluded spots and then there’s areas for groups. Was able to let my dog off the leash and roam our campsite. There’s bathrooms about a half mile or less walk depending how far you park. Awesome sunrise and sunset.

Dispersed and roomy. Not much shade. Close to highway.

This is a pretty great campground if you are looking for a base camp in this area. Bring a firepan, so you don’t mess up the space with a fire ring.

This can have some sinky sand, in fact while we were there someone buried their brand new, I don’t know what the hell I am doing Mercedes motorhome up to the rims, so look for compacted areas and get out if it starts to rain!!

Great Scenery but No Shade or Services

I have not camped in this area; I have just driven through several times on Comb Wash Road. The graded dirt road follows the spectacular 800-foot cliffs of Comb Ridge, so there is always miles of colorful scenery. However, there is almost no shade until one gets to UT 95 at the north end of the road, where there are groves of cottonwoods. The area seems like a reasonable place to camp, if you have your own water. It would be quiet, if you get far enough away from 95. It also would be a good choice for an RV, which is self-contained, because it is pretty flat. Not my first choice, but acceptable. Natural Bridges is less than an hour away, but can can get filled up, so this could be a good overflow solution.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift