Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 50 ft.
Trail Lakes Campground is located in Florida
2 Reviews of Trail Lakes Campground
Have been here less than an hour and I’m in love!!

Great spot, secluded in nature. Instantly felt peaceful and happy upon arrival. Excited to be here for 2 days!!

Update after the trip: loved this campground. Slept in my hammock for 2 days while my buddy was in the cabin. Quiet area. Beautiful stars at night. Very friendly hosts and on-site services such as wood delivery at all times!

Great basecamp for Everglades Adventures!

I gave this campground 5 stars because it feels so different than the rest of the Campgrounds available in Big Cypress Reserve and Everglades National Park.

Trail Lakes is a proper campground which is staffed and gated just off of Hwy 41 (Alligator Alley) on the west side in Ochopee. It's open all year long.

For me, visiting in the off season, it felt nice to have the structure of the campground. Most of the other campgrounds I visited along 41 between Naples and Miami were completely empty of people, but full of signs warning campers of Panthers and alligators - and even bears. I had no idea Florida had bears. I didn't want to camp alone, so I loved that this campground had staff and a few other guests who might notice f I got eaten.

The campground is open all year long, and has a small store in the camp office.

The campground is built in several loops around a couple of lakes and has space for RV's and tents. If also offers cabins and some screened in open air huts (which I didn't stay in but they looked really cool). You could buy ice and firewood, as well as rent kayaks if you dared to boat through alligator swamps.

There's not much in Ochopee, so stock up when you leave Miaimi or Naples (depending which way you drive). There are a few things available at the campground store.  There is a mini post office in Ochopee which is worth stopping for a photo opp. The airboat tours which are everywhere along the highway here are definitely worth it.

You can get their latest pricing for all their sites and cabins at www.evergladescamping.net