About Aspen Basin Campground

The Aspen Basin Campground is located adjacent to the very large parking area at Santa Fe Ski Basin.  There are 10 units, Picnic tables, and fire rings. There is a vaulted toilet at the far west end of the parking lot. This campground is less developed than most, and primarily serves those who use it for an overnight stay before embarking on a backpack into the Pecos. There is ample space for trailer/RV camping, but no dump station is available. There is no potable water and no Campground Host. The entire area is very scenic, and NM 475 is also designated as the Santa Fe Scenic Byway. Because of the scenic quality and the easy access from Santa Fe, the area is very busy, especially in the summer and in the fall aspen viewing season.

National Forest
No Drinking Water
Not Reservable
Aspen Basin Campground is located in New Mexico
Directions
Fifteen miles from downtown Santa Fe on NM 475. Take Bishop*s Lodge Road to Artist Road, which will turn into NM 475, also known as Hyde Park Road.
2 Reviews of Aspen Basin Campground
2nd home

I went on my first solo hiking/camping trip here. Coming from Texas, I almost turned around to go back home with only 4 hours left of my drive because I was so terrified. When I drove up I got my dog and we scouted the area and found a secluded camp spot right away. There were quite a few people there but it was so quiet. Just perfection. Every worry/fear/anxiety I had about this trip diminished along with day to day life crap. I’ve never felt so at peace. The sites were so clean, vaulted toilets clean. And the hikes.. was it even real??

Aspen Basin camping

My wife and I stayed during the week and almost had the camp to ourselves! It's a small quiet camp ground, but there's a river that runs right through camp which was a bonus for us! I'd stay again.