Water Unknown
About Drury-Mincy Conservation Area - MDC
Drury-Mincy Conservation Area - MDC is located in Missouri
2 Reviews of Drury-Mincy Conservation Area - MDC
Quiet Peaceful Unbothered Night

Stopped off here after seeing the review on The Dyrt, glad it was added the campground was just my speed for camping without interruption.   I always love a good FREE campground and when I stumbled upon this one I was very happy.

Many conservation areas you visit are remote and with that remoteness also comes facilities which are lacking.  This one had all the necessary items, picnic tables and fire rings along with pit toilets which were not in bad shape.   From there I was easily able to set up camp and enjoy a peaceful evening.

I was the only one at the camp on a Tuesday evening, not even a single person came to use the  area.  I was expecting some traffic as most sites you have some kind of passerby but nothing.

There was a large dumpster which looked as though it hadn't been used recently when I visited as well, either it was recently dumped or this isn't a super popular place to stay.    I really enjoyed this location.

Tips:

* Because this is a bit more off the beaten path bring everything, there are no stores nearby.

* ATT had limited service so if you are traveling check your reception and check in if you do so before coming to the site.

Peaceful and Stream Access

Wonderful campground with roughly 12 designated camp spots with a fire pit, some spots would be big enough to park a smaller RV at. Pit toilet and trash dump. We went on Memorial Day weekend and there were only other two small groups there. There was a small bundle of fire placed at each campsite. About 2 miles down Gunnison road and just past the conservation department buildings is a road that leads along a stream with several swimming holes. There are no signs for the campground. Once you turn on to Gunnison from J you will drive 3/4 mile down and see a small sign that says “archery range”. Turn into this as the archery range is at the far end of the campground.