About Lake Fausse Pointe State Park
Hike In
Lake Fausse Pointe State Park is located in Louisiana
8 Reviews of Lake Fausse Pointe State Park

We stayed here this past weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The hiking trails are well maintained and easy to follow! We were able to kayak through a lot of water areas as well! The park rents canoes for people to use if you don’t have your own. We got to experience the Dutch Oven Society, which was GREAT!! If you are ever at a camp ground and they are around, you should check out their demonstration and sample all the great food they cook! The RV site was big enough for our bumper pull, but there was a large tree on the site that kept us from being able to put out the awning. Thankfully it was a nice weekend so it wasn’t missed. Also, the fire pit and picnic table was close to the road. We found it oddly placed. All the sites seemed to have tent pads and plenty of shade. Definitely bring some mosquito spray and citronella candles. The water everywhere brings them out! All in all, o would recommend this park! We had a great time and will go back!

Want to camp soon

Kayaked the loop, it has been very rainy, trying to find a middle ground between dry firewood/ground and not being eaten alive by mosquitoes seems tough, but an overall great place to spend a day!

Nice large sites. Boat landing, water play area. Canoeing, nice hiking trails. Not near a town. Must drive a levee to campground but the road is paved and good condition.

Heart of Cajun country

about 10 miles from my bayou camp I love to go hike and just hang out every time u come you will see something new it’s just amazing

Wet

First of all, if your rig is over 10’ tall, don’t come in through Butte LaRose, there’s a bridge you won’t get across! Come in through Henderson. That being said, I wasn’t impressed. We were under the mistaken impression that they honored the Nat’l park pass and gave you 1/2 off the price. We paid a total of $36 which included the $6 online reservation fee even though we did not reserve online. We’ve never been charged this fee in any other park as a “walk in”. The men’s bathroom and shower was closed but they had a portable one set up with one shower which was in the handicapped toilet stall and only one other toilet stall and one urinal. Needless to say, you hand to wait in line even though there were only about 10 other campers there. This is a poorly maintained campground with huge potholes in the road going in and standing water everywhere. If Louisiana is going to charge me a reservation fee for a walk-in, I’ll stay in another state. The sites on the water are $42 and there is no cell service anywhere in the park. Supposedly there is wi-fi in some areas but they couldn’t tell me where that was and I never found it.

Bayou camping- bring/rent a kayak or SUP to maximize the experience

If you know about the Bayou and the beauty it has to offer, this can be a great place from which to explore. The friends who came out here with me were disappointed by the murky, swampy, okay just-plain-brown waters. I, on the other hand, was totally enchanted by the trees and the swamp. If I could do it again, I'd take kayaks in order to access the kayak-only campsites. Other than that, most of their offerings are overly developed for my taste (read RV). There are kayak rentals nearby and during the summer there is a splash pad area for keeping cool. I was here a few years ago, I hear it is still recovering from the floods that hit shortly after our visit. Would be worth checking in to make sure all infrastructure is back up. the bugs are gnarly, no getting around it.

CCU#4, unimproved canoe campsite #4, at Lake Fausse Point State Park, Louisiana

Nice primitive campsite on an island that you get to by boat (motor boat/canoe/kayak). Site is also known as Highland Waters campsite. Nice big flat area under trees including large live oaks to set up your tents or hammocks under. Has a fire ring, but no toilets, no water, no electrical. Does have a covered wooden table to serve as a rough kitchen kiosk. Wooden dock by waters edge also has a picnic table. Must call the state park to reserve this site.

Nice family park

Good for a day or weekend trip with kids. We enjoy going for picnics. Fun trails to walk, you'll spot alligators and other critters.