About Heber Springs - Greers Ferry Lake

Heber Springs Campground is located on Greers Ferry Lake in the beautiful Ozark Mountains of north-central Arkansas and is a great place for camping near Memphis. The environment provides the ideal location for family camping, fishing, boating and hiking.

US Army Corps of Engineers
Heber Springs - Greers Ferry Lake is located in Arkansas
7 Reviews of Heber Springs - Greers Ferry Lake
Great Family Spot

I often distinguish in my reviews the places I find preferable for families and those I think are better for people with no kids. I didn’t think about this until I started camping with my 3 boys, all currently under 4. Greers Ferry Lake is one of those places. However, as I said in a review of “Heber Springs,” if I’m reviewing campgrounds here, it isn’t accurate to review “Greers Ferry Lake.” Instead, you would probably be camping at Devil’s Fork Rec Area, Dam Site Rec Area & Campground, Sugar Loaf Campground (in Higden, AR), or Cove Creek Rec Area & Campground (in Quitman, AR). I’ll review those separately; reviewing “Greers Ferry Lake” for prospective campers isn’t all that helpful, in my view.
Despite that, I’ll just say that I love the town of Heber Springs which is located on the Lake. It may be because I have so many memories in Heber from my time in college so I should drop that disclaimer. I also love Sugar Loaf; there’s some great hiking and views. As for Greers Ferry generally, the lake is north of the dam on the Little Red River. There is a ton to do on the lake from fishing, boating/skiing, swimming, etc and it’s a very, very clean lake. The Dam Site Marina has boat rentals, tackle, etc and it’s really nice. For anyone who likes to or is planning on doing a lot of water activities on their trip, the [area around Greers Ferry Lake] is definitely a great spot for anyone wanting to camp with a family due to the lake’s proximity to civilization (ie WalMart) if you need it, activities, amenities, and cleanliness. Plan a trip.

Heber springs

This was a last minute change of plans after being flooded out of River site. Very helpful and friendly attendants. We had a great time with family taking 3 sites. Stayed 4 nights with no problems.

Old Hwy 25

Electric but no site water and dump stations. Beautiful view from site 16/18/20. Very shaded.

Heber Springs weekend

Spend a week here with friends and my fur baby. We went kayaking around the point and took great pictures . We had suppers on the open fire and had roasted marshmallows . Spend our days exploring the area . Done a little fishing. Clean restrooms and showers. Will stay here again.

Greers Ferry Lake

Awesome big lake with swimming and cliff jumping and boating. We met some people scuba diving in the lake, sounds like a lot of fun. The campground is also big though still pretty simple with just showers, playground, and shorelines, though there is a nature center up near the dam. Some of the camp sites are on the lake and some are pretty sandwiched together, but it’s a nice place overall, clean for how much traffic there is.

Heber

Great place to get away and have a good family week/weekend great Cliffs to jump off of and places to walk trails and see wonderful thing very friendly community

Nice camping and lake fun

This is a nice place for camping and playing in the lake. It can get noisy on the weekend, so bring ear plugs! Most sites are nice and shady with plenty of trees.