About Little Talbot Island State Park
Little Talbot Island State Park is located in Florida
15 Reviews of Little Talbot Island State Park
Awesome

The most friendly staff. Great beach. Our site was wonderful and had plenty of room. The facilities were so clean.

Nice small campground

If you can’t get into Fort Clinch State Park, this small (40 site) campground is a good option as long as you don’t have a large RV. Our 17-foot campervan did just fine, but the sites are not very large and there are some low hanging branches. Some sites are more private than others. IMO, the best site is#38, a pull-through with no neighbors on either side or behind. Sadly, it was empty when we were there!

Check-in is across the street from the campground. The ranger who checked us in was very helpful and explained everything we needed to know. The roads and pads are dirt so they can get muddy when it rains (didn’t rain when we were there but the puddles suggested it had done so recently). Also, the roads are narrow and there are no signs indicating they are one-way so if two vehicles meet, one of them will need to pull over! Again, this would be challenging or impossible for large RVs.

The restrooms were clean (with HOT water!) and there were two of them for the campground which was more than sufficient. Appeared there were multiple hosts.

There is a very walkable beach with access across the road from the campground – about a half-mile walk to get to the access point; I enjoyed a morning walk and didn’t see a soul. If you have a kayak, you can launch it from the campground.

Very reasonable price($27) for a water and electric site.

Primitive island camping

Be prepared for narrow dirt roads into and around campground. Bumpy. Near hiking trails but buggy so be prepared. Sites fairly close, bathhouse a bit dated. Nearby water but not much of a beach. Beautiful mossy trees though and hookups worked. Not sure I'd return but friendly camper nearby ok offered me some of his fresh catch so fishing must be decent!

Hidden Oasis

My first solo tent camping trip, February 2019. So quiet, beautiful, that even whispering sounded to loud. Check in was easy, the ranger was friendly gave me easy directions to site #39. The camp grounds are on intercostal side of the park. The beach is the other side of the road.

My site was secluded and surrounded by lush natural vegetation and huge oak trees. Water, electric, fire pit with grill. After setting up my tent and unloading the car, took a walk around the camp grounds. Nicely maintained, not really designed for large RV’s road are narrow. Very few empty spots. The bathrooms were spotless and large. Nice playground for children. Excellent open space to launch kayaks. Camp sites were sandy with some shells, so if tenting, putting a tarp under your tent would be prudent. Thru out the night the rangers had regular patrols. There is a naval station nearby, so there helicopters patrolling as well. I felt safe and slept like a baby.

The beachside is like no other. A short stroll over the dunes on a well marked path leads a beautiful untouched beach and driftwood. About 5 miles of packed sand made an easy walk. Take your kite!

Will plan to visit again!

Tree Heaven

We camped here for a weekend. There are many bugs and raccoons so beware. The driftwood beach is stunning and worth the entire trip.

Great stay.

Staff and guest all very polite. Nice clean camp sites and bath houses. Fishing, surfing, Long Beach trails. This place has it all. I will be back soon.

Camping

Sites are very small and roads through campground are very narrow and curvy. Great for tents and small RV ‘s. Enjoy!

A Great Campsite for a Relaxing Stay and a Sublime Beach

My girlfriend and I camped at Little Talbot Island State Park in February of 2018. The campsites were excellent, this might sound cheesy but it made me feel like a pirate camped on the beach. All the campsites are nestled into a sandy wooded area, and despite being quite close to one another they manage to keep a fair amount of privacy. The bathrooms were well-lit and in great shape, and all the campers we encountered were friendly so it felt very safe.

The campsites are set across the road from the beach and you can walk to the beach if you'd like. They have a breathtaking driftwood beach that is a short drive from the campsite. I haven't seen anything like it since, it has an almost eerie beauty to it. We traveled almost 14 hours to camp here, and we were very satisfied with the state of the park and campsites.

Fun place to camp, hike, kayak

Bring your canoe or kayak and watch the tides. Visit Boneyard beach a short drive away. Camp sites are nice in size. Water on site, hot water bath house.

beach and hammock

best combination of both and don’t forget Jacksonville Zoo.