About Willow Beach

Willow Beach Campground is located near the David D.Terry Lock and Dam of the Arkansas River.

The wealth of recreational opportunities in the Arkansas River Valley provides visitors with endless fun for the whole family. Outdoor activities such as camping, picnicking, boating and sightseeing are favorite pastimes.

Recreation

Willow Beach has a boat ramp and offers excellent fishing, especially in the old river cutoffs and the tail-waters of the dam and Murry Lock and Dam upstream. Anglers often catch bass, crappie and bream in the Arkansas River.

Hunting is available in nearby forests, and there is duck hunting on the waterways.

On shore, families enjoy picnicking and using the playground.

Facilities

Willow Beach Campground offers 21 campsites with electric and water hookups, as well as three reservable group picnic shelters for day use. Additional amenities include a dump station, hot showers, a boat ramp and playground.

Natural Features

The park is in a forested area along the riverfront, close to the rolling fields of cotton farms. It is 193 feet above sea level; winters are generally mild and summer temperatures reach the upper 90s with high humidity.

Red fox are frequently seen in the park, along with deer and armadillo, and numerous species of waterfowl live in the water and along the shores.

Nearby Attractions

Little Rock, the state capital and largest city of Arkansas, is just minutes away, offering groceries, gas, restaurants and tourist attractions.

ADA Access: N

Sites
Price
$19.00 - $60.00
US Army Corps of Engineers
Willow Beach is located in Arkansas
Directions
From Little Rock, Arkansas, take U.S. Highway 165 east for 2.5 miles. Turn right on Colonel Manard Road and continue for three miles. Turn right again onto Blue Heron Parkway and follow signs to Willow Beach Park.
4 Reviews of Willow Beach
Nice views but very snake-y.

Our first time staying at this campground left us on the fence. We enjoyed the openness  and campsites are spacious. Nice bathroom facilities. Nice playground but it was taped off during our stay due to covid. We encountered lots of snakes. I shooed a few off the road and they disappeared as soon as they slithered into the grass, so to me it’s pretty risky walking around or letting kids play in the grass because you can’t really see snakes if they are hiding under the grass. They lock a gate every night at the entrance to the campground, however they do give you the code to the padlock.

$9 a night with America the beautiful pass

Large sites, Not piled in on each other like RV parks. it’s a clean campground outside the city, can’t beat it for the price. Waterfront. Covered picnic benches. 50amp + water.

Army Corp park

Small Park but has a brand new shower house

Wet and Windy

On my cross country road trip I arrived later in the afternoon, I think it was around 4pm… I asked the lady at the front if they had any sites and if rain was in the forecast. She responded with, "Your guess is as good as mine, but if it does rain, the only campsite I have will flood." It did rain. It did flood my campsite. But luckily I had my SylvanSport GO and it was high and dry all through the night. It was also very windy, mainly due to the storm.

The campground was completely full, mostly of pull behind and in bed campers. If I'm not mistaken all sites have water and electricity, and for $19 a night, it's hard to beat. There's a playground at the entrance to the camping spots which was used by the families with smaller children. The only issue I can see, is there is only one shower at the campground, and it is at the end of the campsites.

If you want to see more of the SylvanSport GO, check out their website at: https://www.sylvansport.com/