The best TENT SITES camping near
Venable , TEXAS

Most Recent Venable Camping Reviews
Its was quite first week of February 2021

Its was nice and quiet just me and angel my faithful companion we just spent a Sunday make some lunch and try to fish a little but 👎. We walk wrong to see the little park, and meet a gentleman name Billy, very nice guy. Not much of maintenance trash and glass in some spots.

Gorgeous

We stayed early February 2021. Beautiful campground with lots of space in between sites. Roads need some work getting in there and the closest store (gas station) with any necessities is about a 20min drive each way. But we loved the solitude.

Sites were clean, ours had a fairly level pad but the pads aren’t very wide. Ours (site 41) overlooked the water with easy access to the beautiful lake. Great views! They have been and are in the process of clearing trees and brush so the sites look great and there is quite a bit of firewood available to collect. Also offers some sites with decks right off the pad. There are also multiple docks around the site which my children enjoyed fishing from and we docked our kayak at for the week.

Very clean bath houses and laundry (we are full timers so that is always a plus).

We would defiantly return. Great experience

Pretty, free, Easy

The only reason I gave this four stars is because my boyfriend and I stayed in some other campgrounds that were far more beautiful and secluded. Not to say this place wasn’t those things. After a 10 hour drive, this was perfect. We parked our car next to the river, pitched a tent, and packed out. We didn’t use a fire ring or bathroom and I didn’t see either of those, but it was perfect for what we needed (and free!) not hard to find either. Would recommend for sure.

Great camping place.

S Toledo is close to home and a great place to camp. Roads not so good. But it has always been a great camping experience.

Inexpensive and quite

First 6 days without electricity because of the snow storm, water pressure is low but available. Very pleased with campsite, host Billy very helpful. Overall enjoyed our 2 weeks there.

😏

To much people on trucks and boats but it is pretty

Beautiful Park

Beautiful park. We brought kayaks and had a great time amongst the trees. Even saw some small gators!

Hideout Rv camp ground

Great Rv camp ground friendly people

Great escape

I went here with two friends for a long weekend. We are tent campers, and it was great for us. The bathrooms were kept very clean and restocked with toilet paper daily. Most of the campsites along the water have a little beach that you can take advantage of. Of it were warmer, we definitely would have gone swimming. Highly recommend!

Busy for December

Meh. I had higher hopes for this campground. Showers were heated, but the water was cold and you had to continually push the button. Sites were large but not private. I had a lake site and the people across the road parked their fishing boat on the shore in front of my campsite and were constantly walking right through my site. Sunset and sunrise were beautiful. I did not see any Eagles.