Westel , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Westel Camping Reviews
An all around great campground!!!!!

This is a terrific campground in the Cherokee Natl Forest.   Sites have electricity.   Water is accessible to fill tank before you park a camper.  The trails were wide and clean.

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Wonderful Camping

We stayed three nights in campground B and had a wonderful time exploring this park. Lots to do, not too crowded! Dog friendly! Kind and courteous staff and camp hosts. Spots were spread out just enough so we felt like we could fully enjoy our time in camp. Hiked the falls, kayaked in the lake and skipped rocks at George Hole. The scenic loop is a beautiful drive or bike ride. General store has a good stock of essentials if anything is forgotten. Overall we truly enjoyed Fall Creek Falls Camping!

Awesome

Wonderful views of the water. Clean bathrooms and showers.

Easter

Check to make sure they are open. Showed up on Easter weekend and this place was closed. So after 11/2 hr drive, we ended up camping up on the hill above the boat ramp.. Better luck next time..

Fabulous state park

This is a fabulous state park. Many campground loops - we stayed in site 69B in March 2021. All beautiful sites. We prefer campgrounds with trailheads straight from the campground and this one has both hiking trails (off campground loop C) and biking routes (40 mile route from FCFSP on Ride With GPS - Sequatchie Valley Scenic bike way). Awesome! The falls are beautiful with a steep, boulder-y climb down to the lower falls (and back up!). Campsites are nice with good spacing and trees. Bathroom and shower facilities nice and clean with good air circulation (helpful in pandemic times). We only stayed two nights but could be happy staying here a week or more. Lots to do and see! We will return.

Rain, Rain Go Away.

Only areas 1 & 3 are open. Friday night was very nice and what you would expect for March camping. Area 3 does have a swing set but only two swings put up. Our 6 year old loved that part the best. Saturday it rained most of the day so we didn't get to explore much. We left early because they were calling for severe weather.

Beautiful facility

This park is amazing. There is a lot to do, from golfing to some hiking. Looks like it’s great for kids and families, but I’m a single traveler. For me, the campgrounds were crowded and tight, though everyone around me respected the quiet hours. I’m a tent camper, so I appreciate running water and clean facilities if I’m going to come in from the woods and camp in a civilized space. These facilities were not very clean, two of three toilets were missing seats and I really didn’t want to touch anything (with or without COVID being a consideration). I camped on a Monday, so I understand that it was a busy weekend and the facilities likely weren’t yet cleaned, but in addition to camper use, the facilities were buggy, cobwebby and in need of a deep clean and significant refreshing. So … four stars because of the beautiful setting. From a camping perspective it left me wanting and I’ve enjoyed better overall experiences and facilities for 1/3 the price.

Nice place

Stayed here for two nights in late March. The area recently received a lot of rain so the creek was pretty high and fast flowing. There were several marked campgrounds along the creek and a small site further down the road for $15 a night. I stayed at site 4. Sites were very spaced out and mine was fairly clean when I arrived. My only complaint was there were cars frequently driving by throughout the night on the dirt road. Other than that, really enjoyed this place.

Awesome Large Campsites

Tons of spacious campsites and lots of car campers. Turn right instead of left at the fork in the road. You’re supposed to check in with the office, and they will give you the code to the bathroom, but if it’s late then you can probably snag an empty site without any issues. Each site has a table and, generally, T-Mobile has good cellphone reception. Overall, solid site!