Equestrian
National Park Service
Hike In
Cades Cove Campground is located in Tennessee
80 Reviews of Cades Cove Campground
The middle of the Smoky Mountains. The most Beautiful Valleys in the World!

Haven't been there in a couple Years. But I will return.  The Campground is very shaded, and sites can be close, but the area is absolutely Heaven on earth.  Not long drive to higher elevations or back to civilization with shopping galore.  Both Pidgeon Forge and Gatlinburg in close driving.

One of My Faves!

We had ten people, so we opted for a group site. We had plenty of room, weren’t far from the bathhouse, and had shade.

There are black bears, so be prepared for this and keep your food stored properly. We even saw a momma and cub on our way down the mountain.

Cades Coves Loop was awesome. So much history, trails, and creeks to play in. The view can’t be beat and the pictures don’t do it justice!

Decent classic site

Always a little crowded, but a well maintained popular spot. Cades cove is a great site to see if you've never been there. Plenty of wild animals, historic sites, and wonderful views

Great place to relax and enjoy time away

I love this place, no matter if we are tent camping or trying to fit our camper into the spots. Yes the spots are a bit tight but it is great place to camp. They updated the campground store and now have a huge selection of items. If you ever get a chance to go for the night hike don't pass it up. The stars are amazing out in the fields at night. One thing to do is make sure you keep your campsite clear as wildlife is all over the place. Yes bears will walk through camp.

Great Trip

Very convenient

Pretty campground!

This was a nice campground in the smokies! There is a big campstore with food and ice cream right outside the campground. Nice bathrooms, no showers that I saw. This campground is in the perfect location to explore the cades cove loop in the early morning, where you can see wildlife and beat the crowds.

Amazing

What an amazing place to spend some time. Great campground, if you don't have a generator make sure and stay at the quieter lope that doesn't allow them. All of the camping spots are really nice though. And the little store on site was so nice!

Great trip

We really enjoyed our time here!

Ranger Review- Wenzel Moonshine Shade at Cades Cove Campground

Campground Review- Cades Cove is one of the most scenic areas in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The 11 mile loop through Cades Cove is beautiful and full of wildlife. The road is paved, and is closed to car traffic on Saturday’s and Wednesday’s until 10am, so it is great to take a bike, or go on foot and explore! We always see lots of deer, turkeys, and sometimes bears and coyotes. Abrams Falls is a popular hike, it’s roughly 5 miles round trip, is moderately difficult, and has a beautiful waterfall at the end, but beware of swimming there, several deaths have occurred at Abrams Falls, even from strong swimmers.

The Campground at Cades Cove is heavily wooded, with lots of sites, none of them have electricity hook ups, but the B loop allows generators, the C loop does not allow them. The sites are fairly close, but each site has plenty of room to not feel cramped.
The restrooms do not have showers, but do have flush toilets, and were well maintained and clean. The campground has a nice store that has the approved heat treated firewood, ice, souvenirs, ice cream, and other things you might need. I believe you can rent bikes there too. This area is extremely crowded during summer and peak seasons, so plan accordingly!

Product Review- *Ranger Review- Wenzel Moonshine Shade As a ranger for The Dyrt, I sometimes get cool gear to test and review, so today I’m reviewing the Moonshine Shade from Wenzel. The Shade arrived on Friday morning, the day I was heading to Cades Cove, with rain in the forecast I was so pumped I got it in time to take! I have been looking for a lightweight canopy to replace the big, bulky ez up we’ve been using, the Moonshine Shade weighs in at 14lbs, and fits in a small carrying case! The first time setting it up, it was in the rain, and I should have actually read the Instructions, instead of skimming over them! Lol. But I figured it out, and in hindsight, i made it way harder than it actually is. It is really a quick 5 minute set up, and the 9x12 area actually provides more shade than the 10x10 canopy, especially with the movable side wall.

The Moonshine Shade from Wenzel is a fantastic product, and excellent for camping, or any outdoor event! Find it here- Wenzelco.com

Great place to stay for bike riding the loop

My wife and I thoroughly enjoy riding the Cade’s Cove Loop on Sat and Wed morning before they open it up for vehicles at 10am. You can ride right from the campground to the loop. The sights were much larger than expected and fairly spacious/private. There are no showers but adequate not special restrooms. Scenery is absolutely beautiful. Expect it to be busy at all times Fri and Sat night so book in advance. There is a camp store that has ice cream, firewood and ice. There are a number of park rangers on site most of the day with the ranger station being located at the front of the campground. I highly recommend this campground if you are wanting to ride the loop or just explore Smoky Mountain National Park.