The best TENT SITES camping near
Ninety Six , SOUTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Ninety Six Camping Reviews
A little too close together for me

Most sites are a little to close together for my style of camping for the reason of 3+. Sites are gravel, and fairly level with water and electricity, some are lakefront. A little tight for our 30ft. Camper and 2 dogs. Some were off the water a good distance but nice views. Some had more shade/trees than others. Nice facilities, picnic area, playground, beach area etc. areas were well kept and clean. A nice park campground.

Spacious sites

A lot of the sites are on the waters edge and offers beautiful views. The red clay was horrible though, especially with a white dog and after it rained. We had site 145, beautiful views but difficult to maneuver into the site and access the water, but we made it work. We would return though. Site 144 and 143 had gorgeous views of the sunset…I’ve heard 108 and 77 are prime spots. Be aware of booking a site and how you’re awning will face! Bathhouse is about 1/2 mile away, so too far to walk when you have to go. Not many bathhouses either so there was a line for the shower (only 2 shower stalls and 3 toilets for at least 75 campsites with the tent sites included). Only 2 single access dump stations for the entire park, so there was a line of 8-10 campers at both on a Sunday morning!

Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Easy but basic.

This is a farm and outdoor event center with a 140 acre field you can camp in.

Very well maintained. We came here on Thanksgiving weekend because all other campgrounds were full. We were the only people here.

The event area, when open could be busy and noisy during the day, but is was very quiet and peaceful.

There are no defined campsites we could see. Just a giant field to set up and camp. There is no water or any hookups. You will need to pack in and pack out everything.

Very close to I-85 and easy to get to. Feels very safe. A little highway noise, but not bad.

Busy this time of year

This time of year (hunting season) was full of bigger rigs and generators. The few spots that weren’t taken when we first got here eventually got scooped up by about 20 Boy Scouts. To say the least this campground was loud and crowded with not much to see or do. $5 for the night with a pay box but I never saw any rangers coming through to check. Toilets were clean but no water source Every campsite did have its own fire ring and picnic table.

Great stop if you’re looking for amenities

Stayed for one night, the tent sights were flooded so they put us in an RV spot. The fire pit was clean and ready for use. The bathrooms were spotless, you could eat in there if you’re into that sort of thing. Over all nice places

Great Experience!

This was so cool! It’s a primitive, tucked in the woods spot on the lake. The camp sites are wonderfully spaced out. We stayed in sites you had to park and walk to, but the walk was very short. Be prepared- bring lanterns to navigate the dark forest. Also, be prepared to see people walking the trail next to the camp sites during the day. This was a great spot for a little weekend trip! Great fishing, beautiful view, and an exciting experience!

Boaters Heaven. All amenities you need.

Another awesome place if you are a boater! Beautiful views. Grounds need a little work. Electronic and water hookups on sites. Bathrooms and showers available. We did a quick tour of the area to stay next summer.

From the website: Located on the north shore of Lake Murray, Putnam's Landing (no website; 1201 Putnam Dr, Chapin; 803-345-3040) is open from April to October and features 24 sites for tents or RVs. Sites include sewer and electrical hookups, but offer central water only. Shower and restroom facilities are located in the campground, and Putnam's landing also offers an on-site restaurant.

Sites have great size

This is a beautiful place, with great sites, that have a good space between each other, this way you can have some privacy!

Nice and Private

I got primitive campsite number 7 Was happy I was only one in my area so I had some privacy Pretty lake view Grate fire no fires outside of grate