Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Leroys Ferry is located in South Carolina
3 Reviews of Leroys Ferry
Waterfront Camping

This is a great, unpopular place to camp. Most of the campsites have access via trails to the lake. It’s clean with easy access and most sites are very easy to navigate. The pit toilets were kept very clean.

You can fit an RV on most sites, although they aren’t all completely level.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable, secluded campground in the area.

Can’t beat it for the price

$10 bucks a night, sites spaced far enough apart to be comfortable, waterfront, not over crowded. I think it is worth the drive over some of the more crowded places. Each site has a pick nick table and fire ring, a few had charcoal grills on stands but not all. First come first serve, bring exact money because it’s just a drop box. It’s primitive camping so bring your own water, no electricity. No trash dumpster either so be prepared to pack if out . Cell service was spotty on Verizon but I was able to get and receive calls and a few txts although they seemed very delayed .

Great get away

Stayed here over the Fourth of July and I was the only camper there while all the other sites were packed. Sites are only a hundred feet or so from the lake, so I threw up a hammock and watched the sunset over the water and spent time during the day swimming.

Only complaint is that it seems to attract people inclined to leave a lot of garbage. I filled a bag before I even set up camp. Still, for that kind of isolation right on the water for only $10/night, I'm not complaining much about the site, just the people there before me.

Facilities included a pump for well water and open-pit latrines.