Water Unknown
About Leroys Ferry - Strom Thurmond Lake
US Army Corps of Engineers
Leroys Ferry - Strom Thurmond Lake is located in South Carolina
2 Reviews of Leroys Ferry - Strom Thurmond Lake
Can’t beat it for the price

$10 bucks a night, sites spaced far enough apart to be comfortable, waterfront, not over crowded. I think it is worth the drive over some of the more crowded places. Each site has a pick nick table and fire ring, a few had charcoal grills on stands but not all. First come first serve, bring exact money because it’s just a drop box. It’s primitive camping so bring your own water, no electricity. No trash dumpster either so be prepared to pack if out . Cell service was spotty on Verizon but I was able to get and receive calls and a few txts although they seemed very delayed .

Great get away

Stayed here over the Fourth of July and I was the only camper there while all the other sites were packed. Sites are only a hundred feet or so from the lake, so I threw up a hammock and watched the sunset over the water and spent time during the day swimming.

Only complaint is that it seems to attract people inclined to leave a lot of garbage. I filled a bag before I even set up camp. Still, for that kind of isolation right on the water for only $10/night, I'm not complaining much about the site, just the people there before me.

Facilities included a pump for well water and open-pit latrines.